Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books

Notices

Unread 06-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Daryl,

I do not own a A Grade, unfortunately. You shot my "light" HE Super Fox which Brad Bachelder restored. That one was made in 1927 and weighs 8 lbs 3 oz. I paid a whole lot more than $1400 for it and then paid more to have it restored. No, the second Super Fox which I own was on Gun Broker for less than an hour with a "Buy it Now" price of $1400. It was made in 1924 and weighs 9 lbs 12 oz. The metal is near perfect except for the blueing and case colors are worn. The wood has a few repairs but is shootable. Oh, I had to have the action tightened but overall my investment is $1600.

So, I paid a fair price, maybe even a little too much for my first HE but the second one made up for that. The lesson I've learned in collecting is that if the price is far too good to be true, so long as my gut doesn't tell me there is something wrong, I do my best to try to buy it. I can always resell it and retrieve at least my investment.

I recently bought a Beretta Silverhawk 10 Gauge Magnum at a very good price. Trouble is the gun isn't even close to fitting me. That one may be passed on to a shooter who will appreciate it...

Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Mark, Thank You for the"pat on the back" but it's really not nessessary. There are so many folk's doing things everyday to make the PGCA what it is today. Every member is important from the guy's and gal's that post on our BBS and help perserve this community to all our commitee members and editors that are always on the look-out for new material and info.

Someone a while back described this BBS as the "Daily Parker Pages" and I think that was the perfect description. There is so much to learn here and I learn new things about The Parker Gun very often.

A great organization just chock full of great people.....