Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 11-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #61
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,436 Times in 1,366 Posts

Great report and pics! Love those Setters!
Unread 11-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #62
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

What great pics folks are posting. Not a grouse in sight around here. Going to be a boring winter if I don't have a passel of ruffies to keep fed. Back to the chainsaw issue: I just bought a Stihl 140 cordless chainsaw and it absolutely kicks butt! I cut down a 50ft tall, 14" aspen with the 12" bar in way less than 30 seconds. I am going to love this baby! Two friends watching went right down and each bought one for themselves.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #63
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

I felt the grouse numbers were maybe slightly down from last year, but not much. Of course I spent a lot of time with young inexperienced dogs on the ground so maybe not. I HAVE HUNTED this particular area every year since 1986, so am very intimate with the area.
Garry, I did not get to hunt with Kenny and Ruby, but when Ruby and my Fancy were pups we met up at a preserve and worked them together on pheasant. I am looking forward to hunting with her in Kansas.
Willie seemed to do a little better on grouse than Doodle, but I took both dogs out to my club for pheasant Wed. Doodle seemed to do better on pheasant than Willie. Willie glides thru the cover like a Cadillac, while Doodle runs like a monster truck. Doodle is a little sprite of a dog, maybe 30 lbs, almost pure white, and lots of personality.
Richard, that chainsaw sounds great--I think I know what I want for Christmas.
I'll post more pictures if I get them downloaded to my laptop this weekend.
Unread 11-09-2018, 10:38 PM   #64
Kentucky Bird Hunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

So, Richard, that Stihl cordless is robust enough for us that don't make a living with a chainsaw? You should draw a commission from Stihl, because it sounds like several of us may buy one off your experience.....

All the best,
Dave

-Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President
Dave Tatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #65
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Richard, how long does the battery last with a full charge, I mean how long of a running time?
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #66
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

my docter want let me run a gas chain saw any more on acount of a defliberater they installed in me....no welding not suppose to ride lawn mower.....maybe i could use a cordless chain saw..i believe richard has some thing going here...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #67
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Charlie - my brother in law has one of those and when it goes off it knocks him right on his butt.

He was at work one day when it went off and he went down... his foreman came over to help him back on his feet again and it went off again and because his foreman was holding his arm the foreman got knocked on his butt too.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #68
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

mine aint went off yet dean and i hope it doesnot sounds like your uncle and his foreman had a rough time...i had to wear one of those life vests that will give you a good shock if it goes off.. i was home from the hosipital 2 days and that vest went off abulance came and got me to the hospital we went again while i was on the operating table it went off again ...doctors and nurses could not get this thing off me for being shocked too...the vest went off again and then again the shock broght me strait up from the table..they said i set a new record for the times my heart was pulseing over 300 beats a minute...this vest saved my life for sure...but the electric shock is a rough one...i stayed in the hospital 3 weeks....the doctor the day i was released that he did not know what was wrong with me and that my heart was pumping on 15 percent and that i was in a delicate situation....that was 2 years agoand by the grase of GOD i am pumping on 25 percent now but thats tops they say...yesterday evening i went a short deer hunting...did not see anything but felt good to be in the woods again...even bought some 12 ga slugs to shoot in a 10 ga parker let yall know how this turns out...sorry fellows for running on.....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #69
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Well 25 percent is better than 15 and 15 is better than nothing.

Stay well and don’t over do anything.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #70
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

The "bird belt"--a great way to carry birds on warm days( there is a necker on each side, + game straps.
There has to be a bird around here somewhere.
Betty, age 14, got a little tired while on point, so she "set" for a while--no loss of intensity otherwise, and yes I got that bird. Fancy is backing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UP 2018 032.jpg (556.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg UP 2018 019.jpg (569.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg UP 2018 047.jpg (514.4 KB, 0 views)