Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Hausemann's...3 days in june...2018
Unread 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default Hausemann's...3 days in june...2018

Its hard to get back to work after such a good time! I am late getting this posted. This was my second trip to Ernies and by far the most fun I have had at a meet of this kind. I tent camped in the back 40 2016 with Parker member Matt Valinsky, the regular guys camping took us in and it was a good time! I had so much fun I wanted to return in 2017 but could not come up with a camper in time...(-: I did not want to go out and buy tent and gear for one event and planed to look for a pop-up trailer that would pull easy by small SUV. Well I missed it, I was bummed! All I talked about for some time was getting a camper for spring 2018. I planed to spend about 4K for a used pop-up and did go and look at a couple. Time pasted and I watched Cregs list and fussed about it. Well my young wife was listening all along and one day says how about we go together and get one of those light hi-breads? She wanted some clean and respectable....you know how they are, no wasp nest or mouse skeletons. So I thought that was a good idea...(-: We started looking for a nice used hi-bread with tent type slide outs on the ends, light to pull but big when opened up. Used campers have issues and we could not find the right one. Then Kim spotted the little retro campers on face book...she fell in love with the little ones! They are hard to find used but we kept looking. One day she says I found the camper I want. It was a new R-Pod left over from 2017 that was marked down. We went to see it and bought it. I had my camper for Hausemann's...I invited two friend to come to the shoot and they planed to come Friday. I come in late Wednesday before dark and got set up by Harold. The field was cut and solid to drive on. I got camper parked and visited some called it a night. Takes me 6 1/2 hours to get here, it was a long day. Friday everyone slept in some. I did the final set up of my camp and we got together with Harold to buy tickets for the days shooting, we jumped in his gator and headed for the action, grabbed some breakfast sandwiches and went back to camp to get guns and the other guys to shoot with. Pictures of the shooting and camping....Our first shoot was the small bore course. Four shooters, myself, Harold, scott, and his friend Frank. (Please correct name if Im wrong, he is a good shot!) Thursday we all shot together again, started on the 12 gauge course and then shot the small bore course. I added some broken targets today after swapping from tight chokes Sterlingworth with 30" tubes to open chokes. Thursday I was shooting a CSMC Fox XE-16 This is my front line hunting gun with the 28" open choke barrel set. We had a great time, Harold was shooting a old hammer gun, I think Frank shot a L.C. Smith. My two friend arrived late Friday 3:30 and did not have time to shoot but did get tickets for Saturdays shoot and the pigeon ring. Friday night festivities in the out back include a steak dinner at my camp, ribs and goodies with the Parker guys Edgar and Allen. They had a good turn out at their camp with golf carts coming and going. Lots of show and tell, our guy Harold was keeping the group in check with nice gitar strumming. Saturday we got early start shooting the 80 bird course, Kenny, Jack, Steve, Harold. I shot 54 of the 80 birds with my 16, I did not pay for score! We had a good shoot. We headed back and tried out the pigeon ring...that's a hoot, I scored the best at 9 points. Steve and Jack had to head out and that left just me to get into lots of trouble...I started at the tent and worked my way around...the adult beverages took their toll so I needed help with the raffle tickets, I had a pile of them. The young lady watching my tickets came back with my winnings...(-: I bummed a golf cart from the RST folks and drove my setter around, she enjoyed all the attention. I was real good in the big tent and did not buy anything, I was to look at a Jeffery 2" game gun that I did buy...sweet. It was a great trip, I hope to be there next year for sure. I will load several pictures...thanks all SXS Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0337.jpg (529.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0338.jpg (535.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0340.jpg (534.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.jpg (541.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0349.jpg (552.2 KB, 1 views)
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Pictures cont.
Unread 06-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Pictures cont.

Pictures of the camps, shooting the small gauge course, back at the r-pod, steaks on the grill...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0350.jpg (542.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0355.jpg (561.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0361.jpg (553.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0364.jpg (523.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0366.jpg (535.2 KB, 2 views)
More pics as the days go...
Unread 06-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default More pics as the days go...

Anyone who has information related to theses crimes of pleasure please respond to this thread! SXS Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0368.jpg (508.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (526.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0371.jpg (550.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0372.jpg (524.8 KB, 1 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 06-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,772 Times in 2,006 Posts

Thanks Kenny for your post and pictures. It sure was a great time, and am already looking forward to next year. I think I'll stay over Sat night next year.
Kenny's camper is a sweet little thing, I was impressed. Now you'll have to post some pics of your new 2" English 12 ga. I got to handle that gun and it is sweet.