Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Nash Buckingham's Last Case of Lubaloy #4s
Unread 06-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,861 Times in 4,750 Posts

Default Nash Buckingham's Last Case of Lubaloy #4s

This is slightly off topic, but since Nash also shot Parkers, I am posting this in the most read forum rather than in the memorabilia or other guns forum. I will have pictures of Nash's last case of Super-X Lubaloy #4s at the Fox display tables or at the Bo Whoop tent at the Northeast Shoot at Hausemann's tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, maybe Sunday. The pictures include all sides of the case including the Western factory mailing address for Henry Bartholomew, "Marse Henry", as well as the Western factory date stamp of 11-48, the month before Bo Whoop was lost. For those who cannot see the pictures at the Northeast Shoot, Linda will post them on the Fox Collectors forum when I get back from the shoot. At the time the pictures were taken, the sealed case had not been opened, so the shell boxes themselves are not shown in the pictures. Bill Murphy

Last edited by Bill Murphy; 06-03-2010 at 09:10 AM..
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
David Borrowman
Forum Associate

Member Info

The last Ducks Unlimited magazine had an article about Bo Whoop's discovery and an article about bringing classic doubles back into the duck marsh. The gun they used for the photo was a Parker.
David Borrowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Jim Kucaba
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
This is slightly off topic, but since Nash also shot Parkers, I am posting this in the most read forum rather than in the memorabilia or other guns forum. I will have pictures of Nash's last case of Super-X Lubaloy #4s at the Fox display tables or at the Bo Whoop tent at the Northeast Shoot at Hausemann's tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, maybe Sunday. The pictures include all sides of the case including the Western factory mailing address for Henry Bartholomew, "Marse Henry", as well as the Western factory date stamp of 11-48, the month before Bo Whoop was lost. For those who cannot see the pictures at the Northeast Shoot, Linda will post them on the Fox Collectors forum when I get back from the shoot. At the time the pictures were taken, the sealed case had not been opened, so the shell boxes themselves are not shown in the pictures. Bill Murphy
Bill ... I don't think anyone will complain if you post the pictures here as well.

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

"Those who matter don't judge me ... Those who judge me don't matter"
James T. Kucaba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James T. Kucaba For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Jim, they will get posted here also. Destry will get his look, finally. The gentleman who possessed the shells at the Southern Side by Side, a good friend for many years, has disposed of all loose shells and loose boxes and cannot provide any pictures of those items. Sorry. A thread on the Fox Collectors website forum titled "Updated, Southern Side by Side" contains a synopsis of the discovery of this incredibly rare and historic case of shells at the Southern. It is worth a read.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,168 Posts

I found out you were the buyer shortly after your cryptic PM. I wish you'd have just told me, it would have saved me several long distance phone calls.....

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Destry, cryptic would be a poor choice of words in describing the PM where I did not identify the buyer of the shells. I still choose not to identify the buyer but you know you would be number one on the list if I had anything to do with it. I actually would prefer to be number one if the case is broken up, but you could be number two. Although I may not have control of the case of shells, I tried my darndest to obtain any extra shells or boxes of shells that the seller may have had. He, as you probably know, had none. I would kill for a box of those shells to display with my "stuff". Wow. "This is a box of Nash Buckingham's Lubaloy." Not quite "This is one of Nash Buckingham's shotguns." Not even close.
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I know who the buyer is, you can knock off the cryptic act.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 06-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I don't care how cocky you want to be, I still like you and you're still at the top of the list, after me. I bet I've been looking for a box of 1 3/8 ounce #4 Lubaloy as long or longer than you have.
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm not after them.

I've owned a box but let it go to a friend, I'll find another.

DLH
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,833 Times in 2,362 Posts

A case of shells shipped to Marse Henry in 1948. How, do those equate to being Nash's shells? Nash was gone from the DC area by then and back shooting along Ole Miss.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote