Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #11
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Not so Rich. "Shall not be infringed." and limiting the availability of ammunition is against the wording and spirit of the second amendment. Arms were never intended to be used as clubs so any act to limit the availability of ammunition is infringement.

I agree with you but tell that to the powers that be. It might be against the spirit of the second amendment but go try to buy some ammo or reloading components and you'll feel infringed on.
Unread 02-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #12
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

Right, and it would need to pe proven that it was some person of official athority or an entity that was preventing you from your legal right to acquire it, rather than just a shortage, in order for it to be ruled unconstitutional.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #13
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,415 Times in 952 Posts

I have said this before and I'll say it again. You only have to have them ban lead shot and bullets in the name of environmental protection and it's game over. It will price it out of the reach of most people.
Unread 02-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Lead shot has been banned for waterfowl for decades and California and possibly other states have banned lead bullets for both hunting and target shooting.
Unread 02-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #15
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

We need to fight the battle with science.

We hired a company at our club to do a lead shot reclamation on our Skeet and trap fields.

There was no, that's NO lead residue even to 10 inches from the surface and NO water or ground water contamination at all... anywhere in the site or surrounding it.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #16
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Anderson View Post
Lead shot has been banned for waterfowl for decades and California and possibly other states have banned lead bullets for both hunting and target shooting.
Well California is a place I would never live and you proved my point. How many people shoot 2 or 3 rounds of sporting clays once or twice a week at $60 a box for non tox shot? Not many I imagine. I agree with Dean.
Unread 02-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #17
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

I doubt a private sporting clays range would ever be required to use non toxic shot. I agree we need to put science ahead of the idiots that make decisions for us but thats a steep uphill battle. Just look at our wildlife agencies anywhere in the country. There are few if any managed strictly by science. We have a resident moose population on an island in the great lakes. It was decided that these needed to be reduced in number so the DNR introduced wolves vs hunting licenses. What happens when the wolves eat all the moose?
Wolves were reintroduced in the Upper Peninsula and have wreaked havoc on the deer population. There was one wolf hunt a couple of years ago and less than a handful were shot before the crybabies got it shut down.
Unread 02-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #18
bruce willis
PGCA Member

Member Info

There are several trap/skeet ranges in the Ca coastal areas requiring non-tox (steel shot) target Ammo.. no lead.. probably most states are not like this fortunately but for me in CA it’s a fact of life here in certain areas.
bruce willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2021, 05:03 PM   #19
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

I believe a recent previous administration created a shortage of ammo of all types when they purchased $2 billion dollars worth of ammunition over a short period of time. Price of ammo is going up and shortages will continue. Look for blue states to follow New Yorks lead to outlaw shipment of ammo to private individuals. Two years from now the current date is going to be considered the good old days.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #20
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Late last night I saw in stock clays 12g loads on Brownells. $11.29 a box, ouch. Shipping is $9.95 which is not too bad. Although I believe shotgun ammo can be shipped to NY, they refuse to ship here unless it goes to an FFL, so that brings the price up to close to $12 a box. Double ouch. I know RST is more expensive but I consider that a specialty load.