Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

1894 Parker GH
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default 1894 Parker GH

I recently purchased an 1894 Parker GH w/32" barrels from David Boyles (Thanks David!) and shot today on skeet for the first time using 2 1/2 inch RST lite loads. No mind you I've only shot one other Damascus double (an old Ithaca Flues which I promptly sold) and to my great satisfaction, shooting tis 32 inch gun was a pure dream. Absolutely soft on the shoulder and a dream to shoot, even at skeet. Must be the 32 inches that is absorbing much of the shock or dissipating it that makes all the difference. Next weekend I plan to shoot sporting clays with it and then ship it out to Brad B. for barrel refinishing to bring out the original Damascus pattern which has either faded over time or been scrubbed out. Either way, tis gun is tight as a drum and will continue to bring pleasure to shoot after all these years. I only wish that I had gotten in to Damascus Parkers a long time ago and would encourage any 'Parkerphile' to add one or two to their collection. What a blast to shoot and can't wait to shoot some pheasants down the road at Markover with it.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 08-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

yes these old guns are fun to shoot what iu like is the beautiful poatterns that are on these old barrels..i ve been shooting these old damascus and other type ofcomposite steel barrels all my life and the shooting has been over 50 years now and never have i had a problem with these old guns and i ve shot a lot of factory high brass over the years in these old barrels...i wish i had every barrel type steel parker ever made..heh keep enjoying the old gun...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

Congrats on the "new" Parker. Gotta love those 32" barrels.

Where were you today in Scarborough? We were looking forward to seeing the new addition.
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Last year every shotgun I bought was Damascus. The 32 inch bbls do make for a nice swing as well. Now you just need a 16 to with the 12
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,257 Posts

Frank, sorry I missed the shoot in Scarborough. I had forgotten that my lady friend had previously committee me to attend the Kirsten Chenowith concert in P Town down the Cape. There was no way for me to make the shoot and concert in one day. I'll take a rain check.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote