Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,252 Posts

Now retired from Corporate life (thank God), to keep me off the street and stay out of trouble, I work part time in a local (and well known - since 1947) sporting goods store as a senior fishing advisor. Believe me, we appreciate direct and hopen feedback from our customers and it has helped us to make many changes in the way we deliver certain services to them. Any business that ignores it's customer's experiences puts it's business at risk.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen newell View Post
Who is Cliff Green anyway? Australian screen writer? US Basketball player?
Allen, consult TPS for the full and complete story of the building of the Cliff Green guns - it is a fascinating tale!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #23
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

ok, thanks Kevin.rgds
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Masciarella View Post
Greg, you better watch what you say about Galazan company. Recently, a member sought references about the Galazan company and I shared my experience (similar to yours apparently) which was deemed unfavorable by one of the moderators.....
It wasn't me - so frankly I could give a good Gawd Dammed about your complaint - or your "grievance".. As for folks who post about the their "right to post" - take it off-line with someone who really cares.

I wouldn't be that person.

"Y'all have a nice day".

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Actually, my comment is directed at almost every business. In my experience, no matter how pleasant and "I want to buy your product' my email is, I very, very seldom get responses to emails I send companies from their website. That's all I was trying to say.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
Ray Masciarella
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wow!

I can confirm that John D was not the moderator who deleted my post. I didn't want to post the name of the moderator here so to avoid appearing to attack any one person.Again, gentleman do exercise some discretion.
With regards to the rest of John D.'s post, well, like I said earlier, discretion is the better part of valor so I'll be brief. I pay my dues and have the right to post respectful, honest comments, and share my opinions with others, and if Big Brother doesn't like it or doesn't agree with my views, He can delete my post.
Ray Masciarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
Ray Masciarella
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wow!

I can confirm that John D was not the moderator who deleted my post. I didn't want to post the name of the moderator here so to avoid appearing to attack any one person.Again, gentleman do exercise some discretion.
With regards to the rest of John D.'s post, well, like I said earlier, discretion is the better part of valor so I'll be brief. I pay my dues and have the right to post respectful, honest comments, and share my opinions with others, and if Big Brother doesn't like it or doesn't agree with my views, He can delete my post.
Ray Masciarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Masciarella View Post
Wow!

I can confirm that John D was not the moderator who deleted my post. I didn't want to post the name of the moderator...
There are only two of us here. That's all there is - that's all there are.

In fact - when YOU - or anyone - calls up the PGCA Website or forum - YOU are in my home office. These servers (all TWELVE OF THEM), these CIRCUITS (ALL THREE OF THEM) and these ROUTERS (all TWO OF THEM) -I pay for - a total monthly charge of well over $1280.00 - just for the connection, not including hardware, upgrades, software - etc..... In fact, I pay for all this crap - and have for years. I spend hundreds of dollars a month - out of my own pocket - to get "dissed" from folks like you?

Yep - the PGCA spends $387.12 for this connection - which is 1/5 my costs, electric, servers, upgrades, software, routers, etc... - Of which, of late - the PGCA consumes over 50%.

All those numbers don't include my time - which is pretty much 24/7 - 365 days a year - bringing new folks on board, or helping someone get registered, or doing Memberships with Mary, or taking personal FLAMES cause someone didn't register their real last/first name...

You want to complain about the site??? That's fine - in about 3-nanoseconds I can make you a Moderator - and then YOU can bitch and moan from my end of the telescope how "I can do it better"...

Want to give it a whirl??

Naww - I thought not....

And oh - like you, who said"...I pay my dues and have the right to post respectful, honest comments, and share my opinions with others, and if Big Brother doesn't like it or doesn't agree with my views, He can delete my post..."

Right back at'cha..... I pay my "dues" each and every day... If in doubt, read this post, once again, for the first time.....

You have a nice evening.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #29
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

In another thread it was stated that the PGCA has $160,000+ in the bank. If so then they should pay for what they use

Back to the original question of the asking price of these guns (I Know John hates it when threads get highjacked ) I heard from a good authority the asking price is $500,000.00
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #30
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

That's it. I won't buy it.