Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

AMERICAN MADE CAPS AND SHIRTS?
Unread 04-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,693 Times in 871 Posts

Default AMERICAN MADE CAPS AND SHIRTS?

I was wondering if the B.O.D. could request that the Parker caps, shirts, and other items be made with Made in U.S.A. items. I have sources for these items and they are essentially the same price as the foreign made stuff. I personally will always pay more for an item made here knowing it does not go to a communist or other third world country and helps someone here.

I buy items for two different organizations and we will NOT sell foreign made items, as we think in this age and time it cheapens our name. Just my two cents. Thanks for your consideration.

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. I saw General Discussions and thought it was General Parker Discussion. If a moderator could move it I would be obliged.

Last edited by Jerry Harlow; 04-29-2015 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: wrong forum
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Good idea
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

That's a great idea! I've been replacing all my foreign made jeans and overalls with USA made ones by Round House in Oklahoma. They do still make stuff here, you've just got to look for it.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

How about sharing your sources? If they make anything in triple extra fat ass size I'll make an order for sure. Hah!
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 04-29-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

I definitely would support that idea.

Great thought.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,236 Times in 12,377 Posts

I would absolutely support that!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

I just shared a couple of sources with a member of the B.O.D. If one googles American Made Caps, one can see there are abundant manufacturers.

In shirts a maker of premier quality USA shirts is King Louie. But there are lots of them also, many cheaper. The Southern was just held in a state that was at the top in textiles, until the greedy owners decided to make $0.50 more per item, closed the plants, and sent the work overseas. I'd like to change that a little at a time. That's why I like so much Destry's old stuff on the sale forum. All I need to see is Made in USA.

I'm a t-shirt kind of guy in the summer, and I'd like to see some American made "pocket" ts, heather gray is a universally popular color, with the Parker emblem screen printed on the Back, and the same smaller emblem on the pocket. Just a thought.
Unread 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I had no idea King Louie was still made in the USA! I'd just assumed they moved overseas like everybody else. Back in the day they were "THE" maker of all those cool embroidered bowling shirts you see from the 50's and 60's.

DLH
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
I had no idea King Louie was still made in the USA! I'd just assumed they moved overseas like everybody else. Back in the day they were "THE" maker of all those cool embroidered bowling shirts you see from the 50's and 60's.

DLH
http://www.kinglouie.com/
Unread 04-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #10
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

We had those nice flat caps for the Southern a few years ago. There's a company that makes some great newsboy style caps that's still all union made in the USA. They're called Capas Headwear out of New York. I've got a couple of their linen caps and they're fantastic. Might be a little spendy for a give away item but they'd make great caps to have embroidered for sale.