Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
What does grade code V mean?
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
john berg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default What does grade code V mean?

I assume it means 5, which is a BH, but I am at a loss as to what this means. Serial # is 148894, I found 3 of the the 4 serial #s, vulcan steel, frame size 1.

I goofed something up, it used to open, close and fire, I have fired this, now I have opened it up to find this info and put it back together and it will not break open now, it looks like the ejectors are keeping it from breaking, might have something to do with the firing pins being forward (shot position?). It will break open just a little bit. Can anybody tell me how to fix this and keep it from happing again? It feels like I could force it open, but I am afraid to do this.

Yes, I did just inherit this, my Dad gave it to me to shoot about 10 years ago, he had it professionally appraised at $1,400.00 then, he didnt know that it might be worth something, just that I wanted a double barrel and he had one sitting in his closet. The guys I was with told me not to shoot it, to put it in a case at home, I told them my Dad gave it to me to shoot and I was going to shhot it!, have these gone up much since then?

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mobile steering wh parker 013.JPG (90.4 KB, 34 views)
john berg is offline   Reply With Quote