Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

A Reproduction brought me here
Unread 11-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default A Reproduction brought me here

Good afternoon,

I ended up here on account of a set of 26" Reproduction Barrels that came with a lot of around 100 barrels from a shop I bought a bunch of stuff from. The shop owner had passed away and in the process of buying a bunch of items I sent my business partner to the shop for all of the loose barrels. When he returned I zeroed in on a set of 26" Barrels that immediately looked out of place. Once I realized what they were I asked him if he had seen any of the other parts and he said no, just the barrels. Long story short on his next trip to get all of the stocks he returned with a bare set of Reproduction stocks that where numbered to the barrels......aaargh. I made the next trip up and by a stroke of luck happened to find on a table full of parts a ziplock back containing all of the receiver and its parts! A short stay at my gunsmith had a wonderful 95% Parker Reproduction 20 gauge proudly together!

Now, I have the Parker bug and even though my daughter and I have managed to take several Turkeys with the 20 I am wanting a 12 Gauge Parker. Reproduction or original does not matter to me....My PCGA Membership is going to be forthcoming this weekend.

Ryan
Ryan Brege is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Brege For Your Post:
Unread 11-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

Welcome Ryan! Great story. Hope you enjoy your time here and hope you consider joining PGCA
Mills Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote