Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wood Selection for #164542
Unread 07-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,594 Times in 1,840 Posts

Default Wood Selection for #164542

Well the call finally came and it's time to pick out the wood! But first a little about 164542. She was shipped in Sep. 1913 as ordered by H.D. Freeman of Atlanta, GA. as follows: DHE 12 Ga, 34" Titanic Steel barrels, with a special request for no safety, 5 lb. trigger pulls, no pitch, Silvers rubber butt, RH 265 pellets and LH 285 pellets, straight grip stock (14 x 1 3/4 x 1 5/8) with a weight of 7lb. 15 oz. When I came across her she was sitting in the owners gun rack gathering dust awaiting who knows what or when. The barrels were confirmed as good, which they still are, nothing has been touched on them and they measure good and still true to the original. As I am a push over for long barrels (not to mention, DT, SG, and no safety, GEEZ!!) a deal was struck that made a total restoration possible. This was really the only option as the stock was not salvageable. She will be restored to the exact dimensions in the letter which I can actually shoot.As previously mentioned the call came in, time to pick out some wood. I was sent numerous examples and have narrowed it down to 2 in my mind. My goal is to select wood that would be right at the top end for a DH.I am going to attach some pics and would be interested in your thoughts. Blank #5 is over the top for a DH but it sure gets your attention. I will attach blank #1 in this post and the remainders will follow if I get this right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #1 (1).jpg (340.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg #1 (2).jpg (176.6 KB, 16 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post: