Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

The EBAY security only respond when someone complains about an item. You can list any part of the gun that is not "necessary for firing" .Whatever that means. Stocks,barrels and other small parts are ok but no frames,triggers,and only they know what.I had them pull one of my auctions for a rifleman's glove as they said it violated their policy ditto for a pair of riflemans pants.I put them right back on and complained to ebay and they allowed them back on. I have seen complete handguns sold on ebay but just taken down to bits. They only enforce the policy when someone notifies them of an "illegal" item and don't actively search the for sale items themselves. They do give you a warning when you sell anything military or firearms related so that you are aware of the policy.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
Parker barrels
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
Joe D.
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Parker barrels

Right now there is a listing for Parker barrels which shows the entire toplever 12 ga. shotgun-Damascus barrels.
Joe Dreisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,757 Posts

Thanks, Joe. OK, "scambag" may describe this seller. He misrepresents a set of barrels and receiver as an entire gun. Then he has separate auctions for other parts of the gun. Don't buy anything from this guy unless you need the whole gun.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

POOF GONE !!!!!
Steve Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,547 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Delk View Post
The EBAY security only respond when someone complains about an item.
They pulled one of my auctions and explained that certain 'key words' put up flags. The auction was for an original one piece Ivory grip for a Colt SAA. The grips were clearly a lot older than the Ivory No-no date, but trying to debate it with teenaged part time college kids working for latte money is pointless.
I sold a Hunter One trigger plate the second time I listed it, by removing the word 'trigger' from the listing that was pulled the first time.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yes, don't mention ivory or Adolph Hitler . They do home in on key words and will pull the auction without really checking what you are selling. I had a figural lamp with a cowboy on it and mentioned that he sort of looked like Hitler and they pulled the auction. I asked why when at the same time there were over 200 items with swastikas and/or Hitlers likeness and got no reply.Most people use a euphanism for "ivory" like "dumbo" material or "white fossil like" material.Yet,every once in awhile a complete firearm manages to sell on ebay without them finding out.Very strange.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

It;s there left wing don't give a damn attitude, they sell so much stuff it don't matter to them!
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote