Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

New to Forum...First Thread
Unread 12-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
bryan browning
Forum Associate

Member Info

Post New to Forum...First Thread

I am new to this forum and want to know if the research letters request for info about the hammer gun in my possession is the best way to get all possible archived data for the owner...the serial number on all parts of it are the same with a number "1" stamped on the left action flat just above 52919
I know it was made in 1888 and is a 12 guage with a 30" laminated steel barrel with extractor and it has a small plaque on top of the stock just behind the hammers with the capital letters "FWD"...I've been told that it is an A-1 and the owner wants to know if that is correct and if it can be traced back to their past relative and to know it's value...Can the research request possibly tell us about all of this that i have described?...Thanks...Bryan
bryan browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Kindly read the explanation on the home page concerning the scope of research letters. I believe that will answer your question.
Your gun is a 1 but not an A-1.
Its possible that the gun can be traced back to a forebear by the owner....not by the research letter process.
Its possible that somebody here might suggest a value, but how would they do that without seeing the condition of the gun? Your question is like " how much is a 1957 Chevy worth?".
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
bryan browning
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you Mr. Day for your fast reply...I am just learning about Parker Brothers and the previous owner passed away recently and his daughter's husband asked me to help with the history of this doublegun...I can provide photos soon but the condition overall is fair and i feel this was a working man's gun that was transported in wagons and on horseback in its early days...the only reason they would part with it would be for their children's college fund if it was determined that traceability didn't mention their past relatives...Thank you sir for your help with this inquiry...Bryan
bryan browning is offline   Reply With Quote