Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Recent first Parker and question
Unread 12-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Don
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Recent first Parker and question

Hello, my first posting here, glad to be here. I bought my first Parker a few months back. It's only a shooter grade gun as someone else installed an incorrect stock. First quest: my Parker 12 guage, VH grade #1 frame and 32" barrels is searial #171113 dating it to 1915 manufactured but my PGCA letter awhile back which states it was shipped in November 1918. Was it a normal thing for the factory to keep a gun on inventory up to 3 years?

I have only fired each barrel once, functioning was as it should be. Chokes are .692 r/h, .682 l/h, barrel thickness at muzzle is .53 right, and .50 left.

I would like to attach photos but frankly, and I'm embarrassed by this, I have yet to actually send a post, this is my fouth attempt in a month. Hope this one goes thru.

Thanks,
Don
Don Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
Keavin Nelson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,235 Times in 441 Posts

Welcome to the fold Don! The #1 frame 12s are very nice handling guns. It well could have set in inventory that long. You mention wall thickness at the muzzle, but checking it elsewhere along the bore is worth the time if you have a smith in the area who has a gauge.
If you go to the "Go Advanced" tab below, you will see a clip icon, which will bring up the section to load photos from., Or you can use the insert image icon above.
Unread 12-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,411 Posts

Don, not unusual at all. There were 4 other guns ordered along with yours. The earliest S/N was yours 171113 and the latest was 181740 which was a 1918 gun. VH's were made in great quantities, some shipped right away, some held in inventory. In the order books, some orders contained hundreds of guns so some had to be held in inventory to meet the demand.
Chuck Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Photos finally up
Unread 01-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
Don
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Photos finally up

Hope these show where stock protrudes from frame. My phone screen so small I can't see much detail or just which photos I chose out of several on attachments. Hmmm don't know where I went wrong on sending attachments. Please delete this.

Last edited by Don Bock; 01-27-2021 at 04:43 PM..
Don Bock is offline   Reply With Quote