Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Let em come in boys
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Keith Parrish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Let em come in boys

I found a nice stand for coyotes last month. Happened to be right behind the house. I got my calls ready and set my date and time, today in the late afternoon. I set out with ambitions HIGH, and ammo loaded to perfection. Started my calling as I was sittin for around 45 min. Spotted a nice size full grown yote off in the distance. Next thing I knew the wife was sending me a text message. "Honey there is a nice coyote on the hill out on the front hill" I replied "I'm watching him come towards me!!" I started feeling the pressure and pounding of the heart. I let him do his thing along the way but was thinking how nice it would be to get the shot while he was in my wife and baby's view. At a stand still I took the shot. MISSED!!! He made a run right across the front of me along the fence and got aim to take another shot... MISSED!!! I wanted to cry. Thought I could make a long shot and was hoping to get to show the ladies how it is done. I am totally done with rushing the shots. Moral of the story screw all else be patient and "LET EM COME IN BOYS!!!"

Last edited by Keith Parrish; 12-03-2011 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: missed the darn buuger!!! had to bang my head again!!
Keith Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Parrish For Your Post:
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

it just happens...missed a deer not but a few days ago dont know how should have closed my eyes and still got her ..like i said it just happens... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Keith Parrish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Far as I could see with all the durt that kick up he was dead as a door nail. But he kept moving down the hill. I'll know for next time.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Keith, if there would of been nobody there to witness your great shot you would of made it. Enjoy that baby mine's in highschool.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,561 Times in 12,448 Posts

They'll run a long way when they're gut-shot. The beauty of that is that their packmates will taker care of them pretty soon...
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Keith Parrish
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'm going to try again today. Got another stand the other side of the hill and where there is one there is more.Plan to go around the same time and using the same calls. If they worked once they'll work again.
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

good luck... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Keith Parrish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Check my pic by my name (my avatar)...

<<<<<-------------

I got em boys. New Years Eve. I was grilling steaks for the wife and I, they were almost done and out on the top of the hill in the backyard I spotted something small dashing in and out of the cows. I new it was a yote. I threw the medium done steaks on the platter and ran inside, told the wife I wouldn't be eating right now there a Coyote in the back. She was bout 400 yards away so I made a squeak with my lips to the back of my hand an I'll be darn if this critter didn't make a B-line straight towards me and my house (perfect!!!) I kept the scope on her and kept squeaking with the other hand. I went to pop her bout 200 yards away and I had the safety on. I took this as a sign I squeaked again and she came alil closer. Then I had her, took the shot she hobbled bout 10 feet or so and layed down. Went back to the house and loaded the lady and my 6 month old daughter in the truck and off we went to bring in the new year with a nice yote in the back. The picture tells the whole story. Check out the colors in the background... Final walk off was a shot of 165 yards and she was taken with a caliber .223 Savage 110E Bushnell scope with a Fed. TNT GREEN 43 grain copper bullet. ONE SHOT how it suppose to be done.

Oh the steaks were waiting for us at the house when we got back. COLD, but well worth it!!

Last edited by Keith Parrish; 01-02-2012 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: How the steaks were...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith Parrish For Your Post:
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,561 Times in 12,448 Posts

Nice job Keith. You're holding a "good" coyote... and there's only one kind of "good" coyote.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Nice dog, looks pretty light colored back in the day he would have brought some good money.