Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-27-2020, 07:32 PM   #11
Kerilynn Viccione
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I was always of that opinion .

But I recently posted pictures of several Parker guns on a British forum and there were two SOB's on there that were neither polite or of good taste based on their comments .

I can understand a person that cares for something over another of a similar description . But I was always taught if you had nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut .
Hi Craig,
All we can do is share in good faith and lift others around us. It's disheartening when people feel the need to knock others down, but usually those are people who are very unhappy or aren't able to appreciate other people's good fortune. I guarantee the remarks they made to you do not end in the forum you visited, it's usually a universal way of life for them.

Just look at all the responses I've had from kind, helpful, enthusiastic Parker collectors on this site. No one knows me; I've essentially walked into a well-established boys' club and have been embraced with respect and dignity. It's sad that those other gentlemen you encountered will not get to experience the same. Their loss.

As an aside, having grown up with only brothers and being a mom of only sons, I tend to not realize there are certain "gender oriented" interactions until someone points it out (as is the case this week), which always surprises me that I didn't notice and makes me wonder if I'm intruding. I have never been made to feel like I'm intruding here, so... much gratitude for the level of acceptance and camaraderie you all show to everyone on this site.

-Kerilynn
Kerilynn Viccione is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kerilynn Viccione For Your Post: