Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

What are the chances........ VHE #237,731
Unread 05-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Parker-Hawes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default What are the chances........ VHE #237,731

Hello All, I was at an estate sale doing my usual digging for Antique & vintage fishing tackle. The estate was of a pretty renowned Trap & Skeet man his name was Walter Higley. Denver, CO. I bought a couple of buttstocks, one from a Model 21 I think a 20 gauge #14482, another from a Parker I recognized the checkered butt and shield on stock and serial #237,731 has this gun come to market ? The Aunt, I guess was his sister and got into the house and literally made off with all the best guns, around 30 as the story goes. Rifles pistols and shotguns. I also found the hang tag to the Model 21 but it is standard with specs to a particular 32" gun, and hang tag from Browning O/U. I am sure mister Higley either had the gun restocked or did it himself as he was an accomplished machinist. Actually the gems in the sale were his two H. Gerstner Oak Machinists chests packed with machinists tools and gauges. They were expensive but a very beautiful group.... So is there any possibilty this gun is on the market ? I would love to have a crack at it. VHE 26 checkered butt, code #14 Ejectors, Single trigger, large fore end.. That's as close as I have come to a Parker in any condition from a sale in some time... Best,Paul
Paul D Narlesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Paul: According to "THE BOOK" SN 237731 was a V Grade Hammerless 20 gauge straight stock 26 inch barrels with single trigger, ejectors and beavertail forearm made in 1935. Boy, I'll bet that you wish that you could find the rest of that gun!

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Paul,

Are you in the Denver area? Was this sale local in the Denver metro area? If so you know the gunshops to check with to see if someone has been trying to sell or consign them.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Yes and ......
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
Parker-Hawes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Yes and ......

I know a few of the stores but probably not all of them. I live out in Aurora, Sale was in Denver (Lakewood) I pictured this Cruella De Ville type carting all the guns back home to Florida driving only at night so she would'nt cause a stir with her overloaded Lexus careening around the freeway bends, a tumbler of coffee and brandy in her hand ! Tell me which ones to check out just in case. send me a message or email me Thanks & Best,Paul
Paul D Narlesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
BS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Paul, what ever happened to this gun?
-Brett
The Following User Says Thank You to Brett Souder For Your Post: