Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 02-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hi Tom--good to see you surface again. A super 28 bore. I've got 3 myself and they are fun shooters. I'll tell Hank Peters I had a Tom Kidd sighting!!! Many fond memories of looking at your collection after trips to the Allentown show. And who could forget the ride we had in your Fox automobile!! Hope our paths cross again. Be well!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #12
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Tom,As Bill had said: It's good to see you over here.I have enjoyed your many contributions to the DGJ and I really enjoyed our one conversation many years ago...
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Snow's flying and it looks like NY grousing is done, so I'm back with a photograph of the passenger side as requested. Not many fly's hanging out there either. The single trigger is for my aging fingers out in the cold northern Pat covers. My VHE is a double trigger gun. I just had the girl at the P. O. weigh this 'pretty' 28" Repro and it actually weights 5 lbs - 7 ounces and the 26 incher weighs 5 lbs - 10 ounces, go figure! My 28" VHE also weighs 5 lbs - 7 ounces. ( 2-11 weight bbls) It has been one of my favorite grouser's since the late '60s. In fact it has two of my grouse doubles to its credit. Just like Murphy's, the price on the VHE is $550.00 FOB Wellsburg, WV. Never to be for sale, as it is already 'Trusted' through to my grandson.

Thinking of Wellsburg, I used to go to the Baltimore show with Paul Carson and he had an A1S 12, a FE Fox 12, and a LeFever Optimus 12 on his table back when we were up in the Hotel and the asking price was either $1250 or $1500 each, can't remember exactly, but all three went back to WV, but in short order both the Fox and the Parker ended up in upstate NY. I have no idea where the Optimus went. Ha, I had to pass on an original Fox FE 20 gauge, with original gold ducks on the bottom (letters), at the old Greensburg Show, 40 some years ago, because I couldn't get my hands on $1250. That gun went into the mid south and now is hiding in a bank vault two owners later and not for sale. Ahhhhh, Those were the days! I hope my memory is part of my soul, as it will make for a nice after life. Enjoy the Eye Candy and Always Remember: Life is Good, Treat it With Respect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0297A.JPG (85.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Tom Kidd; 02-25-2010 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Tried to Post photograph of other side for direct comparison, but???
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

That is definitely the nicest Repro wood I've seen... stunning gun.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote