Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Hotel for Hausmann's June 6-8, 2024
Unread 01-29-2024, 04:21 PM   #1
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Hotel for Hausmann's June 6-8, 2024

I set up a block of rooms at the Quality Inn & Suites Vestal for Hausmann’s (Northeast SxS) June 6-8th.

It’s $104 per night, 1 king or 2 double beds, and I set aside 8 more rooms.

The group rate is under “Parker Gun Collectors”, if you call 607-821-3806 option 2 (front desk).

Or you can use the link: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/AE05A5

If more rooms are needed, please let me know and I can have more added to the block.

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2024, 07:38 PM   #2
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

If anyone wants to pull a camper or motor home, you can camp at Rock Mountain. We have 9 electric hookups and we’re not even 1/2 hour east of Ernie’s. Plus, we have our handicapped-sub gauge shoot the Sunday after Ernie’s shoot is over. No such thing as "too much fun".
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 01-31-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
matt koepnick
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hey all. The wife and I are looking at sporting events in the SxS world to visit this year. We are limited to choose only one, and was intrigued by the video on Housman's website.
Any thoughts on comparison to the spring Southern?. (we've been to that one twice now) Just wondering what else is out there. We're nubies to all of these. thanks Matt k
matt koepnick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt koepnick For Your Post:
Unread 01-31-2024, 04:35 PM   #4
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Rock Mountain Northern SxS, July 25-28 too. 35 events, four days.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 01-31-2024, 06:48 PM   #5
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt koepnick View Post
Hey all. The wife and I are looking at sporting events in the SxS world to visit this year. We are limited to choose only one, and was intrigued by the video on Housman's website.
Any thoughts on comparison to the spring Southern?. (we've been to that one twice now) Just wondering what else is out there. We're nubies to all of these. thanks Matt k
Hey Matt,

Hausmann’s in my personal favorite. Plus it fits in my schedule best, and the weather in early June is usually perfect.

Compared to the Southern, Hausmann’s has fewer venders (usually a tent full), and the Parker, Lefever, Fox collectors groups are represented.

The course is in the woods, and has some steep uphill portions. If you are inclined, golf carts are available to rent. It’s a lovely course with some very nice views. As for special events, there is the Fox-Lefever challenge, “Uncle Dan” Lefever cup, and a few different Fox events (ie. Bo Whoop). After the shooting on Saturday, they announce the winners, and there is a door prize raffle.

We stay in Vestal/Binghamton and drive in each day. Typically there are also people camping in the parking field as well. Which I hear is lots of fun.

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post:
Unread 02-01-2024, 08:52 AM   #6
matt koepnick
PGCA Member

Member Info

thanks Miss Sara. We are blessed to still run 4 miles 3 days a week in our late 60's, so the course sounds invigorating . Ha ha. We're starting to lean towards this one Event so far. Hugs, Matt k
matt koepnick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt koepnick For Your Post:
Unread 02-01-2024, 12:18 PM   #7
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Matt,
You will not be disappointed with the shoot at Hausmann's. If you own an AH Fox please bring it and have a go on the BoWhoop, Baby Whoop and Fox/Lefever challenge. You don't need a Fox to shoot the two Whoop events but they are the choice of the discriminating shooter at this event.

I'll be at the BoWhoop setup, it's the first thing you run into off the parking field, so stop by and say hello. There will be Fox guns to shoot there if you are so inclined.

Hope to see you there and have a safe trip.

PS: Mike's shoot in July is one you should put on your calendar. if you like to shoot and shoot alot, this is the place to be.
Unread 02-08-2024, 09:22 PM   #8
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
No comparison. If you are a Shooter, it's great, no waiting in lines, Shoot to your hearts content. Attendance keeps Dropping each year. LAST YEAR was the worst I saw it in 15 years. Vendors keep going down, as most people who attend, don't buy. So a lot of the gun vendors that used to come, don't waste their time. Again, last year was the worst.

Harry
Harry Gietler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Gietler For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2024, 06:18 AM   #9
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Hi Matt, Since you have been to the Southern before I would suggest you come to the Northeast SxS shoot and judge for yourself. Most people I know who attend look very much forward to it like a child looks forward to Christmas for many reasons. If you like vintage side by sides and the people who like them I doubt you would be disappointed. Rural northeast PA has it's own charm in early June. I believe Mike Koneski is holding a shoot at nearby Rock Mountain the day after Hausmann's so it would give you a chance to see his club as well. Mike is that correct?
Unread 02-09-2024, 07:37 AM   #10
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gietler View Post
No comparison. If you are a Shooter, it's great, no waiting in lines, Shoot to your hearts content. Attendance keeps Dropping each year. LAST YEAR was the worst I saw it in 15 years. Vendors keep going down, as most people who attend, don't buy. So a lot of the gun vendors that used to come, don't waste their time. Again, last year was the worst.

Harry
Does this mean you won't be attending the Northeast SxS shoot this year?