Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-18-2020, 01:52 PM   #81
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,000 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel B Sweet View Post
I just turned 65, this past season while hunting pheasant's with a couple of good friends both of which are all in S x S shooters, one of them made a comment to me something like this, " You know Dan as much as you love the old guns of quality I'm surprised you don't have a S x S". That comment got me to thinking, he was right so within a couple of weeks I purchased my first Parker a CHE 30" 12 gauge. With all this virus crap going on I haven't been able to shoot any clay with it but I have been swinging it along the ceiling/wall lines all the time, not quite the same. Hope the Fall shoot in PA still happens, I would like to attend.
I have been doing the same thing ,I have been practice swinging my Parker 10 gauge . I doubt I will turkey hunt this year but waterfowl season is only about 5 months away . I love old guns in general , I like some modern guns but theres not many that catches my eye . Even modern sxs for that matter , to me the splinter forend on new sxs are too squared looking they arent as thin as these vintage ones .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p7.jpg (16.5 KB, 36 views)
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote