Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-14-2020, 11:28 AM   #31
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

Randy as I have said before, you are a long barreled Parker magnet! Hey I have LOM case that gun might fit in!
Unread 04-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #32
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,667 Times in 1,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
Randy as I have said before, you are a long barreled Parker magnet! Hey I have LOM case that gun might fit in!
Reggie:

"Might fit in", do you know the exact interior measurements so I can compare with barrel length including the rib extension ?
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #33
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

I will let you know this afternoon.
Unread 04-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #34
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
As previously mentioned this is a gun that I had handled before so I was at least somewhat familiar with it although I did not take measurements previously. As I stated before some of the information as provided by the seller was suspect. Following is a brief list of some of the discrepancies, some are trivial, others not :
Seller Reality
RB constriction .062 .034
LB constriction .064 .041
R bore dia. .728 .732
L bore dia. .728 .733
Chambers 2 3/4 2 7/8
LOP 14 1/2 14 5/8
Weight 8-7 8-9.6

The constriction issue really is not an issue as I never truly expected them to be that tight, sure would have been cool though. Could have been the tightest Parker double ever. The remaining discrepancies cause me no real concern but it just makes me wonder how someone in the biz for so long can get these things wrong.

At the end of the day this is one really cool gun with unmolested barrels that measure 34 1/16", BTFE, with a RKPG stock with some figure. Engraving is very good and the screws are not perfect but they are really good. Gun is tight on face and is in need of a good cleaning. It has a rock hard Silvers pad that needs replaced. I believe the gun to be in original unaltered condition with some decent cc remaining.

This one really speaks to me, as such I have been in contact with Brian Dudley whom I have sent pics. We have had a discussion on this one and formulated a plan. As I sense a future PP article I am going to keep you in suspense and will not divulge the plan or post pics. More to follow at some point
Reminds me of a deal I did with a fairly well known dealer out of Texas.
A nice Dollar Grade Lifter. Saw the ad in DGJ, and wanted the gun really bad. Even with the steep drop at heel, as reported over the phone, I thought, oh well, I can still shoot it with a comb pad.
When it arrived, the dimensions were totally modern. Seems they measured the drop with the gun sitting on the hammers
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post: