Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 12-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

The pilot in command is responsible for the aircraft and the actions of the crew, so of course his permission must be given before engaging. And most give their crew standard conditions where his verbal permission is not necessary.

As for me personally, I could not have cared less whether I got praise from civilians. When the war ended, we just uploaded the nukes again and went back on alert. And didn't have any more Fillipino bands with Yellow River.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
David Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

I like this site already. Gerry Williams sent me a great gun and was understated. Great guy to deal with.
Dennis, when I said an war that we could not win, it was not because of our capabilities, it was because of political restraints and our military strategy. You can not win a war of attrition against the masters of that type of war. Look at Vietnam's History. We could have invaded the North and won the war as we did in Iraq in a matter of months. Ruling them would be a different story.
Bill; even my wife seemed to be embarrassed by my service. After five years I was so much behind my peers in education and career. I remember receiving a letter from her after a bad day in country and she was lamenting the death of her cat. I thought how my buddies were dying over here and people back home are worried about cats. Our marriage did not survive. Years later I know it was not her fault not to know. No one can know unless they have been there. Thankful that most have not been there.
Bruce I must agree about the praise from civilians. No real frame of reference with them. And must say I added to their anger. Loved to stir them up. Thankful to God I did not lose it and go to jail for manslaughter :^). No more anger now for me, Lord took care of that. Hope you guys have the best Christmas ever. yobuddy
Unread 12-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

David, I don't recall saying we could not have won due to our capabilities. We did have and still do have the greatest military in the world. Of course we were capable of winning. The problem then as now is that our wars are fought in Congress rather than on the real battlefield. Also if we had been blessed with an American public like we had in WWll or Korea who supported the war and supported winning it could have been won and done in short order. Have a great Christmas. Dennis
Dennis V. Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
ken wight
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hello David, Where did you hunt in Canada?
ken wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
David Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just west of regina. david
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
ken wight
Forum Associate

Member Info

I live in Winnipeg and the terrain looked like it cpould have been here in Manitoba, looks like you hade a great hunt.
ken wight is offline   Reply With Quote