Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 01-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #11
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,972 Times in 1,421 Posts

I hate typing on a tablet so this will be brief. Didn't buy anything but had a great time. Met old friends and new friends. Got to meet Wayne Owens and his wife, Pat and David Lien, Tom Benson, Ken Descovich, and Rob Shelton. Saw Daryl Middlebrook, Jeff Kuss, Dave Noreen, Eldon Goddard, and Josh Loewensteiner. We saw Penn and Teller (great show) and kept within the budget!
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 01-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #12
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
I hate typing on a tablet so this will be brief. Didn't buy anything but had a great time. Met old friends and new friends. Got to meet Wayne Owens and his wife, Pat and David Lien, Tom Benson, Ken Descovich, and Rob Shelton. Saw Daryl Middlebrook, Jeff Kuss, Dave Noreen, Eldon Goddard, and Josh Loewensteiner. We saw Penn and Teller (great show) and kept within the budget!
I take it you haven't made it home yet, kind of delayed.........maybe ?
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #13
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Actually Eric, we made it home last night at 10:00pm with no delays. I'm glad I decided to take a taxi to and from the airport instead of parking in the long term lot. I can't imagine having to clean that amount of snow off the car at night. The other thing is that I have a long driveway and I was wondering about walking from the street to the house with luggage when the taxi dropped us off. Luckily, I got a call from my son-in-law about 7 am Vegas time asking what type of fuel to put in a snowblower. I told him it depends if it's a 2 or 4 cycle engine. He hung up and 10 minutes later asked how to start my snowblower. I originally thought he was talking about his own snowblower. His College was closed so he drove 10 miles to my house and did about 2/3 of my driveway! He's a good son-in-law although he's not interested in shooting. He's into computer programming. I have 7 letters to do plus what may be at the post office. Time to get back to work
Unread 01-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #14
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Well glad you made it home safe, I think you owe your son in law even if he doesn't shoot...
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Las Vegas
Unread 01-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #15
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,338 Times in 364 Posts

Default Las Vegas

I've attended this show for 15 of the last 17 years. The Westgate is far superior to the Riviera, rooms are excellent and amenities within the Westgate are convenient. The show had less square footage but I thought it was a much better layout. Enjoyed the show seeing old friends and the wide selection of firearms. One of the disappointment of the Las Vegas show every year it seems like we lose one of our friends, this year it was Vern Brinkerhoff who over the years has redone multiple cases for me and my brother. To me the show had a lot of Winchesters, Colts and Remingtons and fewer S X S.
L.C Smith Pigeon, L.C. Smith Trap, 7E Ithaca SBT and A. H. Fox with 32 inch barrels were the only firearms I reviewed multiple times.
My brother is still talking to dealer concerning a Charles Lancaster 16 gauge side lever.
See you at next years show.
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #16
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Scott. The highlight of the show for me was walking by the Fausti booth. I think her first name is Barbara. She looks just as good in person as she does in pictures. I must have walked by the booth 10x
Unread 01-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

She's been the highlight of a number of shows for me!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #18
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
Sorry I didn't get to meet you Scott. The highlight of the show for me was walking by the Fausti booth. I think her first name is Barbara. She looks just as good in person as she does in pictures. I must have walked by the booth 10x
Hmmmm.... and where was Margaret when this was going on?