Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New member & a 12ga GH
Unread 02-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile New member & a 12ga GH

Hi all!

I joined in August, when I had a Parker come rather unexpectedly into my life. My mother stumbled upon it while cleaning out my grandmother's closet. We knew there was a Parker gun in the family, but had no idea where it was, until then. My grandfather had probably placed it in the closet in the 2000s, before he passed away. The family story is that my great-grandfather won it in a card game (I would say some time after 1910).

The gun is a 12 gauge GH. I obtained the research letter, and it was ordered by the Salem G. Le Valley Co. of Buffalo, NY on June 20, 1899, shipped on August 12, 1899. Ordered with Damascus steel barrels with a length of 30 inches, straight grip. Requested weight 7 pounds, 14 ounces. Order placed by S.A. Tucker (from some internet searching, I believe he was a shooter and representative/salesman for Parker). Price was $80.00.

I shot trap with the gun twice last Fall, and everything is in working order. I have attached a few photos from the day we found it. I was going to try and take better ones today, but not having much luck with lighting (February in western NY...)

--Sara
(And if anyone is wondering about my last name - I am the great-great-great granddaughter of Daniel "Uncle Dan" LeFever, and I usually shoot a Lefever 12 gauge H grade ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Aug 03, 7 56 24 PM.jpg (531.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Aug 03, 7 59 29 PM.jpg (520.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Aug 03, 8 12 05 PM.jpg (516.2 KB, 5 views)
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote