Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

old broken stock replacement
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Bruce Kolkow
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default old broken stock replacement

It has been repaired at least 3 time the first of which seems to be factory or very good workmanship. Wood dowel in from the top at the lowest point but the crack moved forward and has gone all the way through then someone used glue and got it all over. These repairs appear to have been done with the stock on the gun. the screw that holds the trigger guard to the wood split the wood. there are some pices of wood missing now. the original serial number is still on the stock. all the numbers so far match 37844 both hammers are numbered. Has anyone you know made a new stock for something this old. lately? The triggers appear to have been silver of nickel plated. I do fairly good at carving. but this stock has the checkered pistol grip looks very time consuming.
Bruce Kolkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Moved to the correct forum...

Best to you!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Buddy Marson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I am currently restocking a Parker that had a broken stock. I am using Dennis Smith. His web site is www.thestockdr.com and his phone number is (541) 483-2182. Dennis has done repair work for me in the past and his work is nothing but excellent! He restocked a BHE 20ga. for a friend and the results were perfect. I am sure you would be completely satisfied with his work. He would also be albe to fix what you have provided you have enough of the pieces should you want to go that way. Dennis has over 40yrs. experience in the stock making business. Good luck with your project!
Buddy
Buddy Marson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Bruce Kolkow
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thankyou This gun is so old and questionable the demascus 10 guage probably should never be fired even with light black powder loads but would be a beautiful wall hanger all the numbers match and the gun is a D with #3 frame and has a lot of old engraveing most of the blueing is gone. only under the hammers can you still see the original color. I just want to keep it in as good of condition as possible with out spending lots one of the butt plate screws is not original but all the rest of the metal is fair some discoloring from rust
Bruce Kolkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Jerry Andrews
Forum Associate

Member Info

We would love to see pictures of your gun. Jerry
Jerry Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Jerry Andrews's homepage!