Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #21
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

I don't remember why but it has been my assumption that all the Parker repro's were sold cased. Because of that assumption, I have also assumed that when I see one listed for sale now that it would include a case.

I know what they say about "assumptions" and what its first three letters and the person making assumptions can have in common; so I ask, was every Parker repro sold with a case?
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #22
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lewis View Post
I don't remember why but it has been my assumption that all the Parker repro's were sold cased. Because of that assumption, I have also assumed that when I see one listed for sale now that it would include a case.

I know what they say about "assumptions" and what its first three letters and the person making assumptions can have in common; so I ask, was every Parker repro sold with a case?
They were all supposed to have been sold with a case; that's how they were advertised and marketed. I'm sure there could have been exceptions. I certainly have seen used ones for sale without the case, so I'd never assume. I always wondered were the case went! Sorry Greg, I only have a couple of trade labels and I don't know if any more will ever be available so I better keep them. You might try calling Reagent Chemical and Research, you never know!
Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #23
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,175 Times in 12,362 Posts

I know some Repro's become seperated from their cases from time to time - I've purchased two used Repro cases, one of them complete with canvas cover.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #24
Danny McHugh
PGCA Member

Member Info

Steve Barnett have some "homeless cases"
http://www.stevebarnettfineguns.com/
Danny McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #25
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,851 Times in 4,747 Posts

Many Repros were sent out without cases with the promise of a case when they were available. I believe that was the deal when I bought mine from Guns Unlimited. I believe that cases were on back order from Emmebi at the time I bought my gun. I guess some of these customers got lost in the shuffle. I got mine as promised.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #26
James Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

There are three 20 ga. repo cases (one two barrel) listed at www.bishopsfineguns.com.
Look under "Parker Shotguns".
James
James Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #27
Byron Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

I really appreciate all of the responses. You all have been very courteous and helpful. It seems the more I look around, the more questions I have. I have seen posted on the old forum a list of all factory repro options. It appears that the 12 gauge Sporting Clays gun was the only gun to come standard with screw-in chokes. However, it also appears that there was a screw-in option for about $1,000. Was this option available on all gauge guns, or only on the 12? If it was available on all guns, is there any way to tell whether a gun with choke tubes is factory original or an after-thought (besides having the orginal sales information)?
Byron Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #28
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Brown View Post
I really appreciate all of the responses. You all have been very courteous and helpful. It seems the more I look around, the more questions I have. I have seen posted on the old forum a list of all factory repro options. It appears that the 12 gauge Sporting Clays gun was the only gun to come standard with screw-in chokes. However, it also appears that there was a screw-in option for about $1,000. Was this option available on all gauge guns, or only on the 12? If it was available on all guns, is there any way to tell whether a gun with choke tubes is factory original or an after-thought (besides having the orginal sales information)?
Byron,

To my knowledge only the Sporting Clays Classic Parker Repro was available with factory screw-in chokes. Where did you read that screw-in chokes were an available factory option for guns other than the Sporting Clays Classic model? Can you post the link? I believe I have all of the Repro brochures and no mention of screw-in chokes are listed as an available factory option in any of these brochures that I have. They do mention, however; that custom choke combinations were available.

The SCC's were furnished with 6 Winchester Winchoke "Invisible" choke tubes. There are two ways to identify an original SCC gun: 1. The barrel flats are stamped "ISC" (for internal screw choke),the serial number on the barrels will also match the serial number on the trigger guard. 2. The barrels are very slightly flared for about 2"-3" at the muzzles. If screw-in chokes were added to an original factory choked Repro they wouldn't be factory stamped "ISC" and the muzzles wouldn't have the flare.

Here's a pic of my SCC, can you detect the very slight flare to the muzzles?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ParkerReproductionSCC003.jpg (195.8 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Greg Baehman; 11-12-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #29
Byron Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

I got that about choke tubes from the 1989 price list I found on the archive. I've tried to attach it to this reply, but I may have failed. If you go to the archives, there is a post called repro price list (I believe that's what it is called). Under accessories, it says extra barrels with screw-in tubes. Perhaps that could have been for the sporting clays gun only. Maybe I read too much into it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment4832.jpg (68.9 KB, 36 views)
Byron Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #30
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

I believe Greg is correct on the screw-in choke issue. Brileys told me their thin wall chokes are VERY difficult to install on Repros and most times they will not even attempt it. I have the 1989 price list shown there and I just assumed that the model they were advertising there was the SSC just not specifically called that. I've never seen a gun with the Repro flared barrels that was not stamped and serial numbered for the SSC but thats not to say some don't exist.
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote