Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 11-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #21
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Greg:

I will double check the chambers when I get it back from Keith Kearcher. It is stamped 2¾", but I don't recall verifying that with a chamber gauge. Mine is PG and BT, and was an ST. When it comes back it will be a DT.

John
John R. Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #22
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

John, please post details of the single to double trigger conversion, with cost. A lot of people would like to do that modification!
Thanks. Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #23
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Please send me Keiths contact info....I would like to get the project info as well. Thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,603 Times in 984 Posts

Here's a link to Keith Kearcher's website:

http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #25
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Gentlemen:

The price quoted was $300 for the conversion from ST to DT. He has converted a number of Parkers. He tells me that the only difference after the conversion is that I will lose the automatic safety feature. That is, the safety will not reset after the gun has been fired and the breech opened. In which case I will have to remember to put the safety back on. Since I already have several shotguns that don't have an automatic safety reset I don't see a problem with this feature. As other PGCA members have indicated there is some wood work involved, partially causing the loss of the automatic safety feature. The gun is to be completed and returned to me within 3 weeks from his receipt. He has kept his timeline on other Parker DHE Reproductions and his work has been excellent. As soon as I receive the gun back and have a chance to shoot it several times I will post the results.

As you might suspect, the ability to convert from a ST to a DT motivated me too buy this gun and look seriously at a couple of others. I realize I am going against the advice of several very experienced members in attempting this conversion and hope it works out as anticipated. I am too damn old to do it any other way !!!

John

Last edited by John R. Richards; 11-30-2010 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Additional wording and spelling corrections
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John R. Richards For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks, John (how do you get this site to record a "Thanks?"...oh, I found the thumb). I think it's a great idea, and if Keith Kearcher is doing it, it should be good. Price sounds reasonable, too. Just think of all the Repro A-1 Specials we can all buy now to convert to DT . I think that's about what I paid Rich Cole to convert my Beretta 687 from ST to DT.
Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile

How did the conversion go on the Beretta? I prefer the SxS but have been known to shoot an O/U as well. I have a couple of older Beretta's that are the European style with DT's as well as several in the 686 and 687 category that have the ST.

If the conversion on this SCC DHE Repro works I think it will open the door for others to jump on some of the ST's that are on the market. I know that is on my mind as well.
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #28
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,720 Posts

Does Keith Kearcher or Rich Cole provide the parts neccesary for the double trigger conversions they do for the $300 price? Of course, except for a Repro, I wouldn't want to convert any Parker to double triggers if the gun had a working single trigger. I am having a long and lean Parker with an Infallible trigger restocked and will keep the single trigger as long as it works well. Are we converting single trigger Repros that work well?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #29
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile

Bill:

Keith provides parts and labor. All I did was ship him the shotgun. I understand your feelings about your older Parker and not wanting to convert it.

John
Unread 12-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #30
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

I would considder this conversion except....lenth of pull will increase aprox one inch with the forward trigger addition. Its a real job to shorten the butt stock of a DH with skellitin butt plate. I had it done one time, shorten stock 1/2"...job quality was O.K. but not as good as original work. A trained eye would see the modification. cost was 3-400.00 can't remember exactly. thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio ...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote