Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Galazan Repro Barrels
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Galazan Repro Barrels

I've been away from the gun boards for a while. Learning bbq, hanging out on their forums, vacation, flying a P-51, training the dog, etc..

What's the latest from Galazan on the barrels? I ordered the .410 barrels, as did a friend.

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Heald For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,181 Times in 12,364 Posts

Hi Chuck, welcome back.

As of this moment there are a number of Parker enthusiasts who are very interested in the barrels that Simmons is making for Parkers. The Simmons barrels are reported to have the correct rib matting and Simmons customer relations and their claims of what they can do to fulfill the wants and needs of customers seem somewhat superior to what we've been hearing about the CSMC barrels and customer relations. This is not meant to disparage Tony Galazan or his team as they have always produced about the finest shotguns this side of the Atlantic and have always stood behind their products but the issue of their Parker barrels seem to be a "bugaboo" for CSMC.

When are you hosting the PGCA BBQ??
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

I read on the SSM BBS that CSMC has stopped taking orders for the Parker Repro small gauge barrel sets until they "catch up with order backlog".
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Jeff O'Neill
Forum Associate

Member Info

I live near Simmons and visited a few weeks ago. They're focused on 28 ga barrels for 0 frame guns at present. As interest grows for other barrel sets they'll consider development. They said that they'd need five firm committments before starting a new project. Price mentioned was $2800.

At the risk of hijacking, I want to hear about the P-51!
Jeff O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Unhappy

I contacted both Galazan and Simmons last week about a Reproduction 28 gauge barrel to fit a 00 frame and was told they were no longer accepting orders for new barrels. If anyone finds out differently please let me know.

Thanks

John
John R. Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dean,
That PGCA BBQ would be great. But my bbq's are a bit small. I recommend that PGCA send an emmissary bearing a variety of libations and of sufficient quantity.

Jeff,
The -51 flight was a true thrill. The operation has 3 TF-51 full dual control airplanes operating out of Kissimmee Gateway airport. They are extremely well maintained. You arrive at the FBO and they have a pre-flight brief of about 1/2 hr or so to get a feel for your flight experience and what you would like to do during the flight. They want you to do most of the flying. They do insist on doing the takeoff for a number of reasons. We did a two airplane formation takeoff, with my brother-in-law in one P-51 and me in the other. I was in the #2 airplane and video'd the takeoff and about 10 minutes of the join up and formation flight while the IP flew. Once we broke off formation for our separate aerobatic areas, I took the plane and did the remainder of the flying and landing. We did about 1/2 hr of aerobatics and then were met by the other plane during the return to the airport. We did a 360 overhead approach, flying over the runway, then breaking off formation to the downwind leg one at a time to allow for landing spacing. The airplane is stable and flies fairly easily. The only quirk is the low speed, high power handling, which he had me fly right into a stall (at altitude) to feel the airplane's characteristics. The airplane feels nimble in aerobatics, but control forces get pretty high with higher airspeed. If you go faster, you need left rudder, slower needs right rudder. You're constantly trimming the rudder with speed changes. That big 11 foot prop is the reason. After the flight, they have a debrief. There are 3 video cameras on the planes. They view the video with you and a do a short critique. The airplane is everything I expected and doesn't disappoint. I highly recommend it!

http://stallion51.com/

Regards
Chuck
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
P-51 FEBRUARY
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Pay Dirt
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,348 Times in 303 Posts

Default P-51 FEBRUARY

Please check out this video if you're a lover of the P-51. Sound/speakers really make the experience. No purchase is necessary.
http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1bf99434&br=500
Bobby Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Cash For Your Post:
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,181 Times in 12,364 Posts

Chuck, my brother-in-law, Kevin (Redondo Beach), did the exact same thing three years ago with the same people, same airport, same planes. It was a birthday gift from his wife. As well as the aerobatics and manuevers you mention, Kevin's experience also included a couple of mock dogfights. He loved it!!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Simmons 28 gauge Repro barrels
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile Simmons 28 gauge Repro barrels

Correction to my last response. I received an email tonight stating that at the first of 2011 Simmons will be producing 00 frame 28 gauge barrels and they are now taking orders at a price of $2800 . Barrel lenghts up to 32" in 28 gauge.
John R. Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
Jeff O'Neill
Forum Associate

Member Info

Chuck:

What a great time you had in those Mustangs. I'm not a pilot, just a long time wannabe and namesake of an uncle who was killed over Italy while flying a recon mision in a P-51. I have a brother who is a pilot and true propeller head and who regularly puts together airshows; most recent was a Corsair show in Connecticut. He likely knows about the folks you flew with, but if not it'll give him a wonderful goal.

Glad to hear that Simmons is still doing barrels... they gave me no indication of ceasing.

Best to all!
Jeff O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote