Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #21
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Well after the teaser I posted while texting and driving John called and talked to Charlie and me for 2 hours while we drove back. We told him that Charlie and Allen were awarded Distinguished Service Awards and that there was some other d--------d also but nobody had heard of him and he didn't even show and he got it because he was some crony of somebody else . And John was saying what kind of ass.... gets an award like that and doesn't even show up, and we were stifling a laugh and it wasn't easy. We talked about all that was happening and several times about this jerk that didn't even show up.

Well we get finally back to Charlie's house and about then we get this call from John again who by this time has read John Davis's post and he finds out he is the third awardee and you should have heard the howls . We got him good. We thought for sure he would catch on, but that's our John
And we had three great Parker people who so deservedly were recognized and John couldn't make the meeting because he was trying to get back from Haiti and you know what he does down there.

So the initial post about John asking what happened at the annual meeting , I kind of thought if I posted something that teased but did not answer John's question, he might be interested in talking about by telephone and we just might be able to pull off a litlle trick on John and not tell him who got the third award and darned if it didn't work. Now the problem is that paybacks are hell but that's for another day with our friend John.

We sent John a bunch of photos he said he would post.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #22
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

The recipients of the DSA are the most deserving of these awards. Thank you to the committee who worked so hard to process these awards. I recommend that the committee remain in their present positions as recognition of their work this year. Thanks.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #23
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Someday....
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #24
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Well - to be honest - I'm still a bit overwhelmed... To leave me speechless is no small feat. However, I will say that.. Actually - I have no idea what I could say to fully express my gratitude and appreciation..? Simply thank you...

As well - here are some photos of the dinner and presentation sent in by Charlie & Bruce. Please feel free to add others to this thread, OK? I think it's also appropriate to recognize the tremendous efforts of so many who pulled this together for the organization - Josh, Larry, Dean, John D. (Davis), Bill M. (Mullins), Dave, Ed - and a lot more folks who do so much for so many others. Our collective thanks...

Bill Mullins presents Allan Swanson an original painting of Allan's Brittany Spaniels - Meg & Bell

Allan's acceptance comments:

Meg and Bell

Bruce Day during his keynote presentation regarding "C" Grade Parkers:

Mary Bowes receives some well earned applause and recognition:

The Dinner buffet:

The Frazier History Museum, location of the show, banquet and this years PGCA event:
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Congratulations to Charlie,Allan and John.... You guy's are long overdue for this recognition. Thank You for all that have done and continue to do......
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Thanks Bill and Bruce and John.

For those who could not attend the Annual banquet at the Frazier Museum, you missed a very interesting and informative discussion by Bruce Day on the Grade 4 (C) Parkers. Bruce's presentation very nicely augmented the People's Choice display of some of the finest C's in existence.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Annual PGCA Meeting
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #27
Bill Mullins
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,074 Times in 170 Posts

Default Annual PGCA Meeting

Hello All--!!
First let me say CONGRATULATONS to three very deserving members for their DSP awards! John, Charlie and Allan give their all to the betterment of the PGCA! It was a great show, some fantastic Parkers ( I recall at least three A1S on display, several excellent displays----Gary Carmichael, Bob Faddis, Eric Eis, and Tom Bouwkamp. The People's Choice theme of C grades produced some 22 or so fantastic Parkers. Congratulations to Charlie Green and Gary Carmichael for their selection of the top three spots!
Also, I want to thank all the directors, staff, and speakers who gave and volunteered their time to making this year's meeting, banquet, and show a "Top Shelf" affair! We are already looking forward to 2012!!

Bill
Bill Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Mullins For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

[QUOTE=John Dunkle;49869] I think it's also appropriate to recognize the tremendous efforts of so many who pulled this together for the organization - Josh, Larry, Dean, John D. (Davis), Bill M. (Mullins), Dave, Ed - and a lot more folks who do so much for so many others. Our collective thanks...

And deep thanks and appreciation from Josh, Larry and myself to the ladies, our ladies, Adina Loewensteiner, Deb Frey and Kathy Romig for their tireless work behind the scenes and at the reception desk making all of our jobs seem easy. Without their dedication we would certainly have struggled to get the work done.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #29
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

Dean, thanks for the name clarifications.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

I've got a couple of shots of Gary's and mine displays, now I just have to find the camera.... I'll try and post them tomorrow.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote