Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

The 32" VH Ejector gun
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

Default The 32" VH Ejector gun

that I posted here a few weeks back has taken up permanent residence in my safe.
I ran it on a couple of auctions, along with the 30" VH, and could not get anywhere near where my friend needed to be, so we decided to get into some horse trading. I offered up an old (mint condition) Sako Finnbear, and a .22 cal. H&R Sportman revolver, and it's done. I mounted a 1 1/4" pad, retimed the bottom plate screws, and sent some doves straight to the freezer.
I don't think you can match the feel of 32 inches of bbl's, on a # 2 frame @ 8 lbs for doves or clays.
I would have needed a dedicated target gun to compare to how this gun kills doves.

Here's the bottom plate after merely putting the screws back in the right holes. Still lightly boogered, but I'm okay with em for now.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

Oh, and I need to bend the stock up about 3/16" to make it fit me perfectly.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

My 32" hammer gun really reaches out to ducks also. No problem stopping ones swing with those long bbls....
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
We can't shoot doves here- but banr pigeons- yup
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default We can't shoot doves here- but banr pigeons- yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
My 32" hammer gun really reaches out to ducks also. No problem stopping ones swing with those long bbls....
I agree- in spades- My old Smith 12 2E with the later added 32" Nitro steel barrels and the factory ventilated rib is my Number One 'go-to-gun" for turkey, and crows and barn pigeons- for them I sometimes use a No. 8 spreader load in the right barrel-it weighs 8 lbs. perfect balance and points like the "Finger of Doom"- I love to smash incoming "poopsters" with it- like the Limeys say- Bum, Belly, Beak and Bang- big float of feathers hangin' in the air and the bird is graveyard dead--But if we even did get a dove season here, either my GHE 12 30" or my other Grade 2 Smith12 30" with slightly more open chokes would get my "nod"--I tried a Smith 12 Ideal FWE with 26" barrels and the post 1939 raised solid rib- nice and light for a carrying gun, but as I am a swing-through pass shooter, the longer tubes and slightly more muzzle forward feel of those 30" tubed 12 bores is my vade mecum!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote