Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #41
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lien View Post
...Murph, you may have missed some things between your log-in's on that thread that were long gone by the time you printed a page and then used it for your comparison today... ...
Actually - that is not the case. My servers archive each post and each edit. I can read all of them - including your edits to your own posts in this thread.

My thanks for your kind words in this same post,

Have a great evening,

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
Actually - that is not the case. My servers archive each post and each edit. I can read all of them - including your edits to your own posts in this thread.

My thanks for your kind words in this same post,

Have a great evening,

John
--------------------------------------------------------

Again John, I think you missed my point, I was referring to Murphy not being able to read Destry's full post before you deleted most of it, therefore he missed the majority of it's context... I do still have that full Herzog related post... If you find anything objectionable with the edits to my posts in this thread, or any other thread, then feel free to let me know anytime...

Oh, And just my 2-cents on the steel shot issue, leave it out of the old double guns, no good can come from it's use, I've seen the damage many times over...

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #43
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
...Again John, I think you missed my point, I was referring to Murphy not being able to read Destry's full post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
As Chris knows, I am inclined to hit the print button when things get hot on the PGCA forum. I just compared my printed copy of the Peter Johnson thread to the computer version. In John's defense, I don't find any difference. If there was such an unacceptable post, Bruce probably edited or deleted it ...
It would appear, Chris - you might have both Destry and Bruce confused as to who posted what in that thread - and by who.

I EDITED DESTRY'S post - not Bruce's post. I could post Destry's original post that I did, indeed, edit - but that would be silly.

You have a fine evening.

Best to you,

John
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #44
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Come on, life is too short to have hard feelings. John does a great job and I would not have the patience to be accused the way he is.

I thought the new Roster article was interesting and thought it might generate some thoughtful discussion, but clearly not. If I could delete it, I would, but I suspect its been there too long. John, can you just delete this whole sordid thread? I'd hate to have an outsider read it and think this was how we treated each other.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #45
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
Again, Chris, that is not what Bill posted - nor did you originally? You told me I had "removed posts", which in fact, as you know now - I did not... What Bill posted was:

It would appear, Chris - you might have both Destry and Bruce confused as to who posted what in that thread - and by who.

I EDITED DESTRY'S post - not Bruce's post. I could post Destry's original post that I did, indeed, edit - but that would be silly.

You have a fine evening.

Best to you,

John
--------------------------------------------

John, by removed posts, I meant the majority of what someone had said, their words, and in this case Destry's post concerning Bruce and Herzog... I don't have Destry and Bruce confused as to who posted what in that thread, as I said before I could not understand why you would find Destry's content objectionable enough to edit/delete, and then let Bruce's content remain on the thread when it was equally if not more objectionable... That's it, period... I'm done....

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #46
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
..That's it, period... I'm done....
Me too...

Best to you, Chris,

John
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,784 Times in 602 Posts

I have'nt been on the forum all that long,but I have to say ,all this is a real suprise ....I think everyone here are most helpful and informed Iv'e yet come across.

I hope it all work's out.
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris dawe For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #48
CHE
PGCA Member

Member Info

Aw come on kids play nice!!!!! THE END
tom leshinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #49
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,872 Times in 4,755 Posts

I'm sure Chris will email me the post that was deleted. No big deal when "to the point" posts are deleted if they are objectionable, but I like to know where everyone is coming from. Chris, I'm waiting for the news.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #50
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I'm sure Chris will email me the post that was deleted. No big deal when "to the point" posts are deleted if they are objectionable, but I like to know where everyone is coming from. Chris, I'm waiting for the news.
If Chris has a post that was "deleted" or "removed" - I'd like to see it as well? I DID edit Destry's post (which I made public and posted) - and still have an original copy - as, again - I stated previously.

Best to you,

John