Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #31
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
Well, Chris,
Can you show me the post where Bruce mounted a personal attack on Destry? If I missed it - I'll fix it...

Best to you,

John
----------------------------------------

No, --- I've already pointed out to you the personal attack/insult Bruce mounted on others with his parting shot when people did not agree with him... It's been obvious to most folks here for quite sometime how this works, it is what it is... Many folks still remember the John Browning thread...

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #32
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
And oh...

Make no mistake, Chris...

You said I "removed" posts? If I "remove posts" - I tell people why...

If I "edit" posts - I do so in public - and state "why" for all to see...

Careful of your stating how this forum is "Administered", fair enough?

Best to you,

John
----------------------------

John, You have miss quoted me, I said you edited a post, and I said that you removed comments from a post... I never said you "removed posts"... Go back and read it...

It's your world John, Do as you like...

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #33
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Have a great night, Chris! If I took your last two posts in this thread with any credence, then there would be two of us.

Best to you,

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #34
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

As Chris knows, I am inclined to hit the print button when things get hot on the PGCA forum. I just compared my printed copy of the Peter Johnson thread to the computer version. In John's defense, I don't find any difference. If there was such an unacceptable post, Bruce probably edited or deleted it within the time period allowed. I am still apalled, as is Chris and Destry, that any of our members would send emails to Bruce comparing him to a pig or whatever. Bruce's work with Boy Scouts and the "March" is to be commended.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

This thread is a perfect example of why Bruce ruins so much of what goes on here. As I said, I remember the old days and the fun we used to have. There's half a dozen former regulars, people who were actually interesting, that won't post anymore strictly because of what he says and does. Friends in high places.....

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #36
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Thank you, Bill... I have to admit - I am not perfect - and yep - sometimes I miss something. But when I get "hot under the collar", I'm usually pretty sure I'm on "good footing" - or try to be. And by the way - folks really - really have no idea what it is like to try to Admin a Forum like this.... Someday, you can ask Bruce, Destry - and many more - what it is like to be on the receiving end of a PM, phone call or e-mail if I believe they have stepped "over the line" on this forum..

It's not pretty - but - it is to the point....

Bill - thank you...

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #37
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Have a great night, Chris! If I took your last two posts in this thread with any credence, then there would be two of us.

Best to you,

John
------------------------------------

Same to you John, concerning your posts as well... Have a great night...

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #38
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

HOLY COW!!!

Want to start over?

Hey guys! Tom Roster has an interesting article about steel shot in the latest Shooting Sportsman that may have some relevance to use in vintage guns and may warrant thoughtful discussions. How's that?
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #39
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
As Chris knows, I am inclined to hit the print button when things get hot on the PGCA forum. I just compared my printed copy of the Peter Johnson thread to the computer version. In John's defense, I don't find any difference. If there was such an unacceptable post, Bruce probably edited or deleted it within the time period allowed. I am still apalled, as is Chris and Destry, that any of our members would send emails to Bruce comparing him to a pig or whatever. Bruce's work with Boy Scouts and the "March" is to be commended.
------------------------------------------------

As Bill knows, I am also an astute observer of what goes on here from time to time... Murph, you may have missed some things between your log-in's on that thread that were long gone by the time you printed a page and then used it for your comparison today... The only point I was trying to make with John today was to keep it a level playing field, and when someone like Bruce makes backhanded insults comparing the folks he's sparring with to Pigs and Skunks, then he's crossed the line as much as Destry talking about Bruce carrying Charlie Herzog's water, which was quickly edited/deleted... I know John Dunkle will do his best in the future to keep things here fair and on the up and up. As I've said to him many times in the past, both public and in private, Many thanks John for All your efforts here on the PGCA site...

Best, CSL
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #40
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Chris , may I invite you to come to Louisville and we can get together in person. I've never met you, never talked to you, don't think I have ever corresponded with you but I sense you harbor some ill will and maybe we can resolve that.

If you come to Louisville, that might be a perfect opportunity for you to share your photography collection with PGCA members. I'd be interested in seeing it.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote