Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Introduction
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Introduction

Hello, All,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums...

Only a "newbie" as far as side-by-side shotguns, and at 62 years of age, a sudden, keeper of a Parker Trojan 20 ga.
I have known about these fine guns most of my adult life as I am a gun owner and hunter, and have an appreciation for what they are (never thought I'd have one!)
Nevertheless, I do have one and I intend to somehow do it justice in bringing it back to some form of use, whether it be to admire it above a mantle, or take it afield in pursuit of the wily, feathered, friends we all love. I am not quite sure how this Trojan will turn out in the end but I do know this forum will be indispensable in figuring that out!

This particular gun was badly, neglected for many years in a damp basement along with a military arm (Argentine Mauser) which I also have in my possession.

Just perusing this forum for the past 24 hours has already helped immensely, in that some knowledgeable, soul posted pictures of stock dis-assembly. I followed his pictorial and successfully, have the Trojan in a partial, breakdown mode. I am no gunsmith, but pretty much do things in a careful, manner while knowing where to stop and let a more professional, person take over.

Thanks for providing me with a tool for undertaking this task! How daunting it will be depends on what level of "finish/restoration" I take it to.
At the moment, just a cleaning and perhaps a professional, opinion of which path to take will suffice...

In a dream world, it would go to a master restorer, for the full, Monty, so to speak, then be thoroughly, enjoyed for my time here, and hopefully, for generations to come.
In the real, world...perhaps a touch of blue, a bit of rubbing, etc, is all it will get...at any rate, it will be admired, respected, and loved...for the rest of it's days, if I have anything to say about it.
I'll post the pics at some point of the little, Trojan, as it entered my world (not a pretty sight!) Then, as it "re-births" more pictures to follow. I only hope I can do it the justice it warrants and deserves!
ron belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ron belanger For Your Post:
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,238 Times in 838 Posts

Ron,

Welcome to the forum. I do hope you will consider joining the PGCA. It is a great group and the knowledge you will acquire is priceless. You can find membership info on the home page.

There are many folks who can restore your gun. With photos, others here may be able to recommend the right person for the job.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote