Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #11
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Several years ago Filson sold a game bag (style 16020) no exposed metal or anything that could damage the finish of a gun. It’s perfect: two bellows pockets on each side (one one each side with shell loops). Easy to slip a bird in through the front. Big enough to carry plenty of ammo, a water bottle, leash, multi tool, compass, and more without feeling bulky. Of course, as is always the case it was discontinued. Too bad.

I’ve worn mine to the point that I’m going to have to send it in to them this winter to have it patched along the bottom.

I went to this exact vest years ago because of the gun damage issue and haven't looked back.

With that said:
The leather on the buckle eventually got worn to the point of having some exposed metal. A quick wrap of duct tape on the exposed areas took care of that problem.

All my other vests have duct tape wraps on any surfaces that can damage a gun. I'm a firm believer in the KISS principle and found that duct tape is the easiest-quickest way to solve the problem. My buddies have given me a hard time about the duct tape over the years, but I always tell them "This is upland bird hunting- Not a fashion show" Funny how most of them have ended up with some duct tape on their vests as well!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post: