Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-19-2021, 03:57 PM   #11
George Lang
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mine came in last week just in time for deer season. Can't tell them apart from my old Johnson Mills pants so they should last. Its seems that no matter what length you order they come long.
George Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Lang For Your Post:
Unread 11-19-2021, 09:15 PM   #12
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
Bruce,

If they're Big Bill as Brian suggests, you can order bigger sizes through the Big Bill Workwear website.

They also sell wool coats, chambray work shirts, and dandy flannel shirts. All made in either the USA or Canada.
DLH: Smaller is what I need.... LOL which could change at any time...
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post:
Unread 11-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #13
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Picked mine up this afternoon from the local TSC. Quality seems excellent. fit in the waist - spot on; rise is a little longer than I usually wear, but the crotch is just a little low; George is right about the length - a little long. Maybe if I hiked them up with suspenders.

Seems like wool pants come in two materials today: you can either read the paper through the weave, or impossibly heavy. Material used in these pants is tight, like a very heavy flannel, nice.

Label says made in Canada .
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Gardner For Your Post:
Unread 11-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #14
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,040 Times in 406 Posts

I ordered a pair of the cargo pants in the size that fits me perfectly in dress pants. Put them on , pulled them up and fastened them. Let go and they litteraly fell to the floor. They were about 3 inches too big in the waist and about the same amount too long. I checked all the tags and the invoice and they all had the proper size shown. I was going to return them, but the shipping invoice said to "return them to the vendo"r" or some such language. Ordered and paid for them through Tractor Supply, was told they would be shipped directly from the manufacturer, recieved the package from a "fullfillment center" in Tennessee with a shipping invoice from some third (fourth?) party entity. Have no idea where to return them. Pretty typical for Tractor Supply. In our area, their stores are 90% full of cowboy clothes and pet supplies. $80 shot.
Arthur Shaffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #15
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,861 Times in 2,674 Posts

I order a pair of the 8 pocket. They fit great, even have suspender buttons inside. Comments on the TSC website said no buttons. They are long, but only at the cuff. Nice green color too. Will be donning them tomorrow.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 12-07-2021, 06:26 PM   #16
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
I ordered a pair of the cargo pants in the size that fits me perfectly in dress pants. Put them on , pulled them up and fastened them. Let go and they litteraly fell to the floor. They were about 3 inches too big in the waist and about the same amount too long. I checked all the tags and the invoice and they all had the proper size shown. I was going to return them, but the shipping invoice said to "return them to the vendo"r" or some such language. Ordered and paid for them through Tractor Supply, was told they would be shipped directly from the manufacturer, recieved the package from a "fullfillment center" in Tennessee with a shipping invoice from some third (fourth?) party entity. Have no idea where to return them. Pretty typical for Tractor Supply. In our area, their stores are 90% full of cowboy clothes and pet supplies. $80 shot.
Take ‘em to a tailor and have them cut down to fit?
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #17
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,040 Times in 406 Posts

That would have cost more than they were worth. They were literally too big in every dimension. I gave them to a church homeless outreach.
Arthur Shaffer is online now   Reply With Quote