Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

Unread 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,040 Times in 12,321 Posts

A great deal of thought and discussion went into choosing when and where the Annual Meeting would be held. This was discussed and explained on this forum earlier but, in addition to what Mills has said, people just have no concept of the amount of work that needs to be done by our wonderful volunteers to pull off the PGCA's involvement in the Spring Southern and the Challenge Cup events..... Trying to stack the Annual Meeting on top of the same weekend would be entirely impossible without some severe burnout on the part of our volunteer force.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,718 Posts

I agree that there is no good time for our annual meeting. I remember the fiasco about holding the annual meeting in Las Vegas some years ago. Of course, there have been some annual meetings in past years that have been as user unfriendly as the Vegas meeting. The meeting in Maryland this year may be one of those. I would love to attend a PGCA meeting where I could tell what was going on and maybe participate as a member. I will hold my breath.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2018, 10:14 PM   #13
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,040 Times in 12,321 Posts

Volunteers are always welcome. There are several areas in which we could use volunteers but it doesn't mean simply putting a couple of hours into it at the event. It could mean something like taking over an entire function, such as the entire Silent Auction from start to finish. 'Start to finish' means that you start managing and maintaining donations (including soliciting sporting businesses for their donations of new products) - storing them and getting all of the items to the Annual Meeting - immediately following this year's event, logging "who donated what" and the value of the donation that will be put on its tag on the table.... then keeping tabs on what each item sold for and who bought it - then totaling up all of each buyer's purchases, then having all of the totals tabulated in time to announce the financial success the auction has generated for the organization by the end of the evening. My hat is certainly off to Larry Frey, Deb Frey, Kathy Romig, Margaret Bishop (I'm sure I'm missing someone) for continuously running this event year after year and especially Deb Frey for putting it all on an electronic file and maintaining it flawlessly!!

How about the Raffle Gun? Ed Morgan does a fantastic job of it and likes doing it for the most part, but there will come a day when he'll want to step down.

How about Event Coordinator for the Annual Meeting as well as the Southern Side by Side.
Allan Swanson set the pace in this and as long as he did it he never broke stride. Following him have been Dave Suponski, Josh Loewensteiner, and Mike Kobos... not to mention the work that David Dwyer and Tom Carter have done for the Fall Southern.
These folks have each volunteered their time, knowledge, expertise, and complete dedication to see these duties they have taken on through... from start to finish.

I'll step down now.....

But we need volunteers as much now as we ever have, but they need to know what's expected of them when they toss their hats in the ring.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 05-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #14
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Where is the post that tells us where and how much money to send for tickets?
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #15
John Bamonte
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have the same question, and would like to order banquet tickets for the event in September. Looking forward to it!

John Bamonte
John Bamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #16
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24016
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post: