Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
Blind Dog
Forum Associate

Member Info

Come on DH, give it a rest; just look at the pictures, forget the text. Bruce is Bruce; and, old Fred is old Fred, even if his feet stink, his dogs still like him.
Fred Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

I'll change when Bruce changes.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bruce, I am not faulting you for calling it the Czar's gun. I recognize that title is in the public domain by now. Rather, I am poking fun and wonderment at the gun world for assigning such a name to a gun that to the best of our knowledge never was owned by the Czar. In fact, I don't think anyone can even show he even knew it existed at all. So if a gun of such stature can bring the big bucks I don't see why my Lincoln's Gun can't do the same. The fact that he was dead a little while before I bought it for him means nothing. There's no law that says I can't buy a gift for the deceased.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
Ross Goldsmith
Forum Associate

Member Info

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
I've told you boys before, but I keep having to remind you. Bruce travels in circles that none of us could dream of, he's parlay to insight and knowledge that only a handful of collectors are aware of.

Bruce should run this organization, it's just that simple. He should take over the website, newsletter, and be president of the board of directors. He's that skilled in the art of Parkerology. The rest of us are mere pikers, absolutely without a clue compared to what Bruce knows.

DLH
Gentlemen:

Bruce is a real gentleman I met him only once: at the Collector's show in Denver several years ago: he was manning the PCGA booth - three years later there was no PCGA booth at the show in Denver.

Bruce was generous with his time and knowledge and his enthusiasm for Parker's was infectious He invited me to call him if I ever had a question about Parkers. Several months later, I called him about a Parker. He was on a fishing trip but he returned my call! He knew the gun and gave me his view about the gun. It's the best gun I own: not an A-1, a DHE 16

My membership in the PCGA (only an annual member, I admit) and interest in Parkers is largely due to Bruce's generosity and enthusiasm.

If the Parker community had other ambassadors like Bruce, we would all be better.
Ross Goldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,191 Times in 12,368 Posts

Thanks Ross. Bruce and his farmer buddy are very generous with their time and their willingness to show us those wonderful guns - mostly Parkers - that we might otherwise never be fortunate enough to see... or even suspect something like "that" exists.

Yup, we're lucky to have those guys and others like them. I'm impressed with the way they keep coming back after being insulted again and again.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #26
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Perhaps a "Thumbs Down" icon could be added to the commentary

Just Wondering, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,573 Times in 774 Posts

Just a thought here. People with an outlet to share knowledge and expertise and the willingness to do so are rare. If someone has an issue with that person's personality, he or she should be respectful and show some restraint with regards to disparaging comments or remarks. If not then someday, and I sincerely hope that day never comes, such knowledgable people will refrain from sharing it with others. That would be a tremendous loss to all of our community. Please keep your words soft and sweet for you will never know when you will be made to eat them. Thank you, Jim DiSpagno.
Jim DiSpagno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jim DiSpagno For Your Post:
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

Bruce, how about some pictures of "Not the Czar's Parker" for those who are not familiar with this great gun and case.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #29
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

Great idea.What do you think it cost to make the "Not the Czar's Parker?".and case.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

It cost a bunch. "Not the Czar's Parker" and case were displayed at the Gold Medal Concours at the Vintage Cup several years ago. It was available for inspection for at least three days at that event. It is quite a gun and lived up to Peter Johnson's mistaken impression of an over the top example of gun decoration. Thankfully, the real Czar gun turned out to be quite conservative as A-1 Specials go.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote