Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 06-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M. Purtill View Post
Frank AKA Stub Twist was shooting lights out with that Lefever.

Lester- How many raffle prizes did you win????????
I had everyone's tickets, I hit once and Scott hit twice. Would you like a couple of magazines?
Unread 06-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,242 Times in 2,416 Posts

Thanks Pete and Mr. Roll for the mention. If anyone doubts the effectiveness of a 3/4oz. load in the lowly 20ga. this should be proof enough that bigger is'nt always better. My "Baby- Whoop" just loves that load and I lost the shoot off not because of the gun/load but because of a major league flinch. Funny thing is I lent the Sterly 20 to Dave Deferlemont for his shoot off for the 20ga. which he won a scant 30 mins. before our shoot off on the Bo-Whoop. I feel pretty good about holding my own against not only a great shooter but a really great guy. See you next year Dave.

I thought I should mention that our own Mike Smith ran a 10/10 on the shoot off for the Letterman cup against the formidable Frank Srebro to take the trophy. Way to go Mikey.

Way to go Frank! Did'nt recognize you with your hat on right.

Thanks again to Mike K., A Roll, Jim Malone and anyone else I might have missed for a well run event.
Unread 06-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #13
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
Thanks Pete and Mr. Roll for the mention. If anyone doubts the effectiveness of a 3/4oz. load in the lowly 20ga. this should be proof enough that bigger is'nt always better. My "Baby- Whoop" just loves that load and I lost the shoot off not because of the gun/load but because of a major league flinch. Funny thing is I lent the Sterly 20 to Dave Deferlemont for his shoot off for the 20ga. which he won a scant 30 mins. before our shoot off on the Bo-Whoop. I feel pretty good about holding my own against not only a great shooter but a really great guy. See you next year Dave.

I thought I should mention that our own Mike Smith ran a 10/10 on the shoot off for the Letterman cup against the formidable Frank Szebro to take the trophy. Way to go Mikey.

Way to go Frank! Did'nt recognize you with your hat on right.

Thanks again to Mike K., A Roll, Jim Malone and anyone else I might have missed for a well run event.
Daryl, if you shoot some 40 yard patterns with that gun please post the results, I would like to see it and I am sure many others would too.
Unread 06-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

This was by far the best shoot Ernie has had in a while. New equipment and good target presentations made for a nice weekend.

I shot the Bo Whoop for the first time after shooting the course with The Growler and did ok but I wish I had taken The Valley Girl (BHE 32 inch 20) out for a dance on the course.
Unread 06-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #15
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,242 Times in 2,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
Daryl, if you shoot some 40 yard patterns with that gun please post the results, I would like to see it and I am sure many others would too.
I will Pete. The targets on the Bo-Whoop were at least 40-45yds. when broken by that load. Maybe Mike K. will chime in with the distances as I know he ranged them. All I know is that load did'nt just break them, it crushed them.
Unread 06-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #16
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,960 Times in 1,418 Posts

I agree with C.O.B., I can only recall a few broken targets out of the traps all weekend. The traps didn'break down so the squads didn't back up to bad on the stations. We only had a few brief showers on Thursday and Friday and although it was humid, the temps weren't too high.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote