Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 08-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #51
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

I'm off to an estate sale in the morning to try and get this fantastic Black Forest style deer antler picture frame. Looks like a heck of a piece in the photo, we'll see what kind of price they've got on it. Of course, if it's as cool as it looks then I will keep it. Just what I need, another piece of STUFF to hang on the wall.....

Destry

P.S. At a sale last week I bought four milk crates full, one whole crate was to keep. Yes I know, I have a problem.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #52
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,558 Posts

"Hello, My name is Destry, and I have a problem" Is there a Stuff Anonymous? I suspect many of us could be charter members. You don't know "stuff" until you become a fly tyer. Our stuff includes road kill
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #53
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Reloading and fly tying are two bad habits I've managed to NOT pick up over the years. I have plenty already, those are two that seem to accumulate even more "stuff" than I can handle.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #54
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

The accumulation of "stuff" is an evolutionary process as we go from one thing to the next. The only sustainable thing is the accumulation of the new stuff.

Reloading for both shotguns and centerfire rifles definately adds to the stuff. I just bought 10,000 Win 209 primers because they were a good deal.

Thank God I never tried fly tying.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #55
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

My significant other has a problem with stuff. She has no stuff. After she has it for a little while it goes into a bag and she brings it to the poverty store for them to sell. She has trouble understanding why I have 12 reloading machines, devices and accessories for same. Why I need more than 5000 hulls is more of a mystery to her.

The worst was some months ago when she was at my place and my daughter showed up. During the conversations the daughter mentioned she was going to buy me a bottle of Single Malt. "Oh, no. Please don't buy him another bottle! Look at all he has stored in the liquor locker." With that she opened the cabinet door and exposed the SMS to light.

She went on to complain about all the stuff I had around the place, including the two bird dogs in the kennels. The 900 books were not mentioned because she has 200 books at her place and about 100 pairs of shoes.

She's still wondering why she doesn't get invited out here anymore.

Last edited by John Farrell; 08-02-2012 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Farrell For Your Post:
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #56
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Sounds like my ex-brother in law's reference to "his future ex wife". Happy aquiring!!!! Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #57
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

My wife isn't a "stuff" person either, more of a minimalist. I did point out that she has three pairs of Jesus shoes (sandals) to my one pair of which I have had for over 10 years. She'll buy something use it once or twice then it goes to the garage sale.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #58
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well I didn't get the picture frame, it was as fantastic as it looked in the picture but at $950 I figured it priced about double of high high retail. I did get a few other interesting pieces though, so it wasn't a total loss. The best being a fantastically strange dead game print that's Christmas related in a killer black forest style frame. Never seen or heard of anything like it, the birds are arranged in the shape of a Christmas Tree! I'm tempted to keep this one, but seeing as how I never decorate for Christmas I should really move it down the road. I'm going to sit it on the table for a few days and study the situation.

Destry
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #59
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,263 Posts

As i have stated before -I am a print aholic

Just got the email from our framer this morning that the 4 Denton trout are ready to go,

I already have three more Osthaus prints to drop off when I pick the trout up.

Some will go into the rod shop when the walls get finiished off. A couple may need go on a ceiling

Unread 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #60
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

Speaking of prints - a few years ago previously mentioned daughter was out here. She was trying to decide which of the two oriental rugs I had just purchased for $5500 she wanted given to her in my will. While strolling around the house she casually mentioned "Dad, you can't just have dog pictures in your house" commenting about dog pictures in every room including the guest bath. My response was "whose Fxxxing house is it?" Always quick on the uptake she replied, "Oh, yeah. I guess you can."

Two of the Osthaus prints in my living room were in a scene in a Seinfeld TV episode some years ago. Now, that's when you know you have a lot of stuff.

I just wish someone would come buy the VW Deer Buggy in my shed.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote