Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

look for any data you could have ?
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Marc St-Cyr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default look for any data you could have ?

Hello

I was looking to get reloading data component with powder wad .filler wads and used a overshot card + rooll crimp 7/12 to 9 shot lead shot 1oz to 1/18

Thanks for your help
Marc St-Cyr .
Marc St-Cyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,918 Times in 4,777 Posts

The powder companies have websites where data is published. Pick a powder company and go on the site. Alliant, Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester are companies that are involved in the manufacture of shotgun powders in the U.S.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

thats some good info bill...sometimes even i faiul to remember to look to the powder companiies for info....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Marc St-Cyr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bill, Charley
Thanks for your reply but I all visite as you mention winchester in some other because I will like to realod with hold style component i find no data with those, nitro cart , filler wad , so if you find some think let me now
Thanks again
Marc St-Cyr
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Hi Marc,

In the litigious society of these United States people are naturally reluctant to provide reloading data to strangers on a public forum. I’ve even had PGCA members ask me to reload for them low pressure shells. My reply was to come to my home and WE would load their shells together. Why? I cannot control how ammunition which I reload is used. It’s much better if I help them load their ammo!

Below are links to reloading data from many manufactures which provide detailed loading data for their powders.

Please ensure that you follow the data exactly because substituting primers, wads, hulls, and/or especially powder can RAISE pressure dramatically!

What I will share with you is that my working (everyday) 12 gauge load is 7/8 oz hard lead shot, Cheddite primer (because they produce lower pressure loads than others), Claybuster 0178 wads (because they are inexpensive), WW AA hulls (because they are easy to load and last for several reloadings), and Solo 1000 powder (once again, because it is inexpensive). My loads are 1200 FPS at 6000 PSI with the listed components and the weight of powder that is listed in Accurate Power's reloading data.

Notice that I did not tell you how much powder to use? That’s because it is something that YOU must do for yourself.

If you download the loading date chart from Accurate Powder and keep it next to you loader you will be able to SAFELY reload low pressure shotgun shells.

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP...oadingData.pdf

http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,758 Times in 733 Posts

Marc,

www.ballisticproducts.com has information on loading plastic hulls with fiber wads and rolled crimps. I'm not at home to look up spacifics, however if you telephone them they will tell you what manual to order. I have it, but the pressures are a little high for me to be comfortable shooting through Damascus and Twist barreled Parkers.

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Marc St-Cyr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ouellette View Post
Hi Marc,

In the litigious society of these United States people are naturally reluctant to provide reloading data to strangers on a public forum. I’ve even had PGCA members ask me to reload for them low pressure shells. My reply was to come to my home and WE would load their shells together. Why? I cannot control how ammunition which I reload is used. It’s much better if I help them load their ammo!

Below are links to reloading data from many manufactures which provide detailed loading data for their powders.

Please ensure that you follow the data exactly because substituting primers, wads, hulls, and/or especially powder can RAISE pressure dramatically!

What I will share with you is that my working (everyday) 12 gauge load is 7/8 oz hard lead shot, Cheddite primer (because they produce lower pressure loads than others), Claybuster 0178 wads (because they are inexpensive), WW AA hulls (because they are easy to load and last for several reloadings), and Solo 1000 powder (once again, because it is inexpensive). My loads are 1200 FPS at 6000 PSI with the listed components and the weight of powder that is listed in Accurate Power's reloading data.

Notice that I did not tell you how much powder to use? That’s because it is something that YOU must do for yourself.

If you download the loading date chart from Accurate Powder and keep it next to you loader you will be able to SAFELY reload low pressure shotgun shells.

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP...oadingData.pdf

http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Mark
Hello Mark !

Thank you to take the time to reply relu appreciate I will study all those link you send and give , I also find some document from Ballistic Product I will like to share whit you those document but i was looking a way to send those document to you i will try i ad 3 document pdf if it not working let me now we will find a other solution .
Tell me you have a french family name Ouelette are you coming from Québec Canada ?
Take care
Marc
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Marc St-Cyr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hello Harry !
Thank to you I all ready contact Ballistic they alle send me some PDF document if you are interested to get those type of PDF document lest me no it will be my pleasure to send those to you i am happy + rely surprise whit all of you reply at my question
Again Thank to all of you
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Marc,

No sir, I hail from Pennsylvania and come to this forum via Parris Island, Quantico, and lot of all-expense trips to the worst places one can imagine!

My father and his family came from northern Maine with lots of relatives in New Brunswick.

Respectfully,
Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
Marc St-Cyr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mark

I send to you some data do you received ?

Marc St-Cyr