Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Well it was not as cheap as Galazans, but it is custom. Cost me $98.00 plus I brought in a case of DOS XX. Then again they did let me drink a few of them. I just weighed the gun with the strap, it weighs in at 13 lbs 4 oz. Not near as heavy as my Parker on the 7 frame.
Charlie good luck with that Gobbler, I sure am getting the itch.

Destry we will need to try these 8 gauges out on some coyotes if you get back out this way. You are right these guys do great work.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #22
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well the sling came in very handy this week in New Mexico. Despite the wind we were able to take 2 turkeys between 3 of us. I hope to get back there again before the end of the season. We hunted hard and had a hard time calling birds, my hunting partner called in a Jake the first morning. The third day I packed up to get ahead of a storm that was moving in. I decided I would try one more area.
I spotted turkeys crossing a road ahead of me, and they started to run and scatter. Stopped the truck, got my 8 gauge out of the and started out at an angle to cut them off. At about 80 to 90 yards I yelped and a hen turned back, the Tom started to follow. At about 50 yards the Tom spotted be and turned to run. Touched of the right barrel and in my excitement slipped back to the rear trigger about a split second apart. Not sure if the second shot was on or over, but the Tom went down.
My AZ hunt starts a week from today, cannot use the 8 gauge yet as the ruling does not go into effect until July 1st. Not sure what I will hunt with but this turkey hunting is addicting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post:
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #23
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,784 Times in 602 Posts

Phil that gun is massive ,I can see why you need a sling !
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

phil that is a great looking bird...was the sling as compfortable as it looks like it is...im sure it was a great help in carry the old 8 ga...one thing for sure these old big guns were not meant to be carried around all day...looksa like ya ll were in some great country...i too have had a hard time calling in birds..i st half of season called in several young birds but this last half has been bad...hope you get another turkey before long...i need one more myself...good picture by the way and a good lookin gun and sling.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

The sling is very comfortable. The sling leather slides some so I pull it down on the barrels, put it over my shoulder and when you let the weight down it finds the right area and settles in. Gun is so large you just need to use care around old stumps and trees. I will update you on the progress this season. I would also like to discuss 8 gauges with you sometime.
Thanks Phil