Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums Website & Forum - Help & Assistance

Notices

MADE THE JUMP!
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
PAUL PLUNKETT III
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thumbs up MADE THE JUMP!

Great job! The site looks neat! Lots of nice features!! I too am having trouble with the avitars. Paul
PAUL PLUNKETT III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,159 Times in 824 Posts

Hey Paul..!

WELCOME!!!

OK - try an Avatar now - and let me know, OK???

Best to you!!

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Captain Bob

Member Info

Default Avatar edit now OK

John,

Edit Avatar working - Great!

Going to try out and test post album and auto sizing later today.
Curious to see what happens when a multiple of large size Jpegs is offered.
I'm also curious to see how a posted and re-sized album can be merged with text, and then edited in a posting. The "Lets tell a story" I made and tested a couple of days ago was done through attach/browse/select multiples/upload - this method I know shows the image code strings which are easy then to edit and move - want to see if images brought in through Post Album are a easy to see and manipulate. This freature, to me, seems to be a terrific way to create illustrated "how to do it" lessons which can be re-edited, refined, and relocated to become resources in a FAQ section.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the stability of going in and out of Preview Post while editing a long complex posting. I also feel that giving the reason for editing an already submitted posting is a nice refinement - did not check to see if it requires or forces an entry or if if will accept a space to create a null answer.

And I'm curious to understand how random images relates to album and images simply attached to a post. Are all images posted by a member "property" of, that is, stored tagged and associated with a member no matter how they get to the site? If something like this is the case, and a how to posting is then deemed to be worth making in to a FAQ lesson, can admin easily re-associate the images to an archive so the FAQ lesson's illustrations are preserved in the event that a member should delete their associated images to make room for newer images?

Later,

Bob
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

The Avatar feature is awesome! If I can do it anyone should be able to.Cause I am not real literate on these here machines
Dave Suponski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
Jack Lester
PGCA Member

Member Info

Very nice so far John. I particularly like the way the picture of Dave's hammer gun comes up. If I can figure this thing out anyone can. Best Regards, Jack Lester
Jack Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
PAUL PLUNKETT III
Forum Associate

Member Info

THANKS JOHN!! That worked for me. Great Job!! Paul
PAUL PLUNKETT III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,159 Times in 824 Posts

Hey guys..!

My sincerest thanks!!! I am still trying to figure out the most logical way of having all of you as PGCA Member getting your "Title" upgraded as well..???

But - I'll try to get that squared away as well.. In the meantime - my thanks!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
re: membership type tag
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Captain Bob

Member Info

Default re: membership type tag

John,

I can probably already guess the answer, but does PGCA have any kind of computer assistance for membership services? If they do, can't you pull a file and run it against the the site registrations.

If PGCA does not have a membership maintenance program, maybe this is one of the reasons for the complaints about slow issuance of new membership cards and services - also, how are they generating mailing labels for Parker Pages if they don't? Sooner or later you will be doing a merge and purge or mix and match - membership records are going to be much more accurate than site registrations

Or, maybe this is a logical and practical approach until you can get a handle on current and expired members - you can put in a set of member data fields where the site member can A) enter their PGCA membership number and B) Active? (paid up) yes/no radio buttons when they register or edit, then - 1) use if number and if yes, show "Active PGCA Member #XXXXX" or if number and if no, show "Past PGCA Member" of if no number, default to "Forum Member". You could also add a radio buttons option to C) "Include membership number?" yes/no to keep it hidden like birth date - Some might not like to publish their number - then the site member who is a PGCA member is totally in control of this information and gets to show or not show their PGCA membership status (y/n) and number (y/n) as they please.

Bob