Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AAHE back home and ready for pheasant
Unread 10-21-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
Corey Barrette
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default AAHE back home and ready for pheasant

Just about four years ago, I acquired an AAHE 12 ga that, come to find out, is quite a unique Parker. It’s documented as one of 3 Grade 7 guns manufactured with Damascus barrels and other features atypical of the standard AA configuration. As seen in the pics, this includes deep relief game scene engraving (William Gough?) a detailed trigger guard and initialed mother of pearl grip cap.

The gun was ordered in ‘07 by T.S. Sharretts, a US govt official in the Treasury Department, who at one time was appointed as Commissioner under Teddy Roosevelt to address affairs in China.

First, I’d like to thank each of you who provided invaluable advice via post and phone as I sought to repair the broken butt stock; a subject originally discussed in my 2018 post ‘A Grade Restoration Query’. Ultimately, following evaluation and consultation by a number of folks, which included a memorable trip to ME and afternoon spent with David Trevallion, discussing the repair/resto and a myriad of other interesting topics, I opted to re-stock the gun, an opinion David shared.

The re-stocking and metalwork was managed closer to home by a friend, Abe Chaber, with support for the checkering/fleur de lis by Brian Board and engraving of a few replaced screws and the SBP that needed some work by Frank Conroy. Kevin McCormack took care of the restoration of the original leg ‘o mutton case. My sincere thanks to each of them.

The 28” barrels are in remarkable shape with mirror bores. The gun closes like a trap and operates flawlessly. I thought I’d share some pics.

Who knows when this gun was last shot as it sat in the back of a closet in the house where I purchased it. I do know when it’s going to be next shot. That’ll be tomorrow. The forecast calls for a beautiful Fall day for a pheasant hunt. We’ll see how it goes.

Last edited by Corey Barrette; 10-28-2022 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Info
Corey Barrette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to Corey Barrette For Your Post:
Alfred Greeson, allen newell, Bill Mullins, Bill Murphy, Bob Jurewicz, Bob Kimble, bob lyons, Breck Gorman, Brian Hornacek, bruce a lyons, Bruce P Bruner, Buddy Harrison, Buddy Marson, chris dawe, Chris Robenalt, Chris Travinski, Dave Noreen, David Lien, David Noble, Dean Romig, Donald F. Mills, Eric Eis, Garry L Gordon, Gary Bodrato, Gary Carmichael Sr, George Davis, Greg Baehman, GunnerGrilli, James L. Martin, Jay Oliver, Jeff Christie, Jerry Harlow, Jim Thynne, Joe Dreisch, John Albano, John Campbell, John Davis, Josh Loewensteiner, Karl Ferguson, keavin nelson, Keith Doty, Kevin McCormack, Larry Stauch, Mark Riessen, Marty Kohler, matt koepnick, Mills Morrison, Paul Ehlers, Pete Lester, Phil Yearout, Ralph English, Reggie Bishop, Richard Flanders, Robert Brooks, Russ Jackson, Russell E. Cleary, scott kittredge, Stan Hillis, Stephen Hodges, Steve Huffman, todd allen, Tom Kidd, Tom Pellegrini, William McClintock, William Stewart, William Woods, WilliamGuest