Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Can't read the adobe thing to research a 16 PH
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Can't read the adobe thing to research a 16 PH

I just acquired a 16 PH with 26 inch Twist barrels in VG condition- SN is 133556. When I tried to enter this data I get a pop-up blocker, so I don't know if this gun will be "lettered" or not- WK stamps all numbers match, barrels are uncut, no dents and bores shiny with no fouling- 3 lb. 8 oz. stamped weight with WK in oval- forearm iron only has sn- the outer latch is engraved PAT'D MAR. 26, 1878- water table right barrel side- PAT'D JAN 18 AUG 18 1887 May 7 Oct 8 1889 PAT'D AUG 15 1905- letter grade stamp is P (no number stamp - PH guns were grade No. 1, right?? then sn 133556- last three digits on bottom of trigger plate as seen from the lug opening, also on back edge of barrel lug, and it has the 12.5% pinned wear plate- 14.25 LOP to older spurred DHBP with engraved screw heads, pg with original cap and screw-- any info from the Brethern here would be appreciated- Thanks- FM
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Francis,Gun number 133556 is not in the"Book" Sorry....
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Tim Sheldon
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Run, how did your pup hold point on a damascus 16ga? Last I knew you were a tried and true 12 gauge guy that didn't want anything to do with those, I think you called them lawyer loving barrels.

Did you bump your head?

Tim
Tim Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Sheldon For Your Post:
Thanks Dave- sorry there "Casey Stengel" too!!
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thanks Dave- sorry there "Casey Stengel" too!!

[QUOTE=Dave Suponski;11047]Francis,Gun number 133556 is not in the"Book" Sorry....[My favorite AL team has always been the Yankees- and old Casey "Der Perfesser" Stengel once said "Well, you can always look it up in the book somewhere"_ Not talking about Parkers I guess- any way to find out what the factory specs were when this PH was finished (1906? maybe) it has all the black and grey Twist/Damascus swirl pattern in the barrel tubes, beautiful flame walnut and the stock, grip and forearm checkering intact- may have had an over coat of finish- gold shield with no initials or nail heads evident- sweet little 16- my first--well, since my old 1897 Winnie back in HS- 16 gauge as I recall-
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Well kid I think we can officially say that "You have been bitten"...A damascus gun? And a sub gauge at that! What the hell is this world coming too.....Next thing ya know you will be anouncing that you are looking for a 20 gauge damascus gun to go with the twist gun... And the slow spiral begins....

On a serious note....Order a letter if you want the original specs.
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

I put your ser# in the Research Letter page and it said:

The PGCA Serial Number Database indicates
that there are surviving Parker Factory records for your gun
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post:
Should I sent in on the PGCA form for the letter then?
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Should I sent in on the PGCA form for the letter then?

[QUOTE=Robin Lewis;11051]I put your ser# in the Research Letter page and it said:

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]The PGCA Serial Number Database indicates
[B]that there are surviving Parker Factory records for your gun[/- Thanks Robin- I think I discovered the "gremlin" If I access the Forum in reply to my e-mails through the PGCA- I get the "pop-up blocker" on the other areas of the entire website- If I go to the top of the htt/www. thingy printout and enter the PGCA forums- then the pop-ups don't pop-up so often--
I will also try to get digital computered fotos of this, as I went to your first rate Grades listings and I didn't see a Grade 1 (PH) with the Twist Damascus tubes with the sworls and black and grey pattern as on this gun- may also try a montage with some pheasant tail feathers and my gunning bag and see if it garners any votes for the Parker of the Month- down the road-

I shoot my shotguns way far better than I do fotos or punch in data on this Dell (E inverted 90% off top dead center- why?) keyboard gizmo--
Pup On point- wish I had a pointing Lab- but No--
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Pup On point- wish I had a pointing Lab- but No--

[QUOTE=Tim Sheldon;11048]Run, how did your pup hold point on a damascus 16ga? Last I knew you were a tried and true 12 gauge guy that didn't want anything to do with those, I think you called them lawyer loving barrels.

Did you bump your head?

Tim[- As a matter of fact Tim, I did- last week taking my Grandgal (age 4) Sophia Anastasia- down the old snow crusted hill on a 80 year old toboggan- we hit a "speed bump" and went airborne- it cracked the toboggan a bit, I was wearing my insulated Carhartt's bib pants and heavy coat with hood, plus a wool watch cap- I pulled her into my bulk to cushion her, and ended up with a small goose egg on the "olde dome"- she was unhurt, but of course, a little shaken up at first- later, she wanted to do it again- but as Clint Eastwood once said "Man oughta know his limitations"--

My lab Khartoum is a flusher- great retriever on ducks and geese, but at age three, likes to chase the "Ditch Parrots" a bit- but I hunted last Sat. at our Club on the after lunch pick-up with two Yellow Labs- pointing variety- wow, nice close working, solid on retrive, great noses and bird sense. Khartoum is a one man dog- and I am that one man- if I were to hunt him with another Lab he would sulk and shut down- hope he'll grow outta that some day-soon

I may have called the Damascus/Twist tubes "lawyer traps" after my Mike McIntosh 101 reading, but having attended a few Clays shoots with the "brethern" and learned from them a bit of the ins and outs of that, I went for the PH- what a sweetheart- perfect balance, for a lower grade Parker for that era (1906?) what a nice piece of well flamed walnut and the fit of the stock shield and the black DHBP-- like a Irish redhead with green eyes in Tommy Doyle's near closing time- I let my heart over-run my normal reticence to invest in anything but either a 12 or a std (NOT 3.5") 10 bore-
Yup- in for the dime, in for the dollar--
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Yup- in for the dime, in for the dollar--

[QUOTE=Dave Suponski;11050]Well kid I think we can officially say that "You have been bitten"...A damascus gun? And a sub gauge at that! What the hell is this world coming too.....Next thing ya know you will be anouncing that you are looking for a 20 gauge damascus gun to go with the twist gun... And the slow spiral begins....

On a serious note....Order a letter if you want the original specs. My next "step into the abyss" would be a 20 Hammer parker with 28 or 30" Bernard barrels and the serpentine or "fish-tailed" top lever and the stock shield behind it at the top tang area- and a Skeleton Steel BP-Hey, a guiy can dream, can't he--??
Unread 01-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
Tim Sheldon
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Francis, welcome to the dark side! Enjoy that little bugger.

Tim
Tim Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Sheldon For Your Post: