Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

2012 Utah Grouse Hunt
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Craig Parker
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 2012 Utah Grouse Hunt

GOOD TIMES

Hunt Trip started out on a great note, my buddy said no need to pull my camper the 1000mi trip and he would spot his for my enjoyment A+ start. Got settled in and planned first morning hunt. Well Pete and I covered a lot of ground for two days before we hit jackpot with our first ruff w/ 12g GH opened chokes. Glad I jumped on this gun really enjoyed carrying it and Pete looked at me and said ok so we on these now and did a nice job for the close quarters we where in but wanted to run some also. As another week passed we picked up 3 more bird with some hard walking but enjoyed the sights. We passed on some road and camp birds that we came across while hunting 3 canyons while there (Uinta,Farm and Whiterocks), overall we seen about 25 ruff and only 1 blue(Dusky) in 2 weeks. Fished the Uinta but just missed getting to fish tribal which closed on 5th, sure wanted to go after some big browns down lower.Came down for a pheasant hunt w/ 12g DH at bird farm which I miss, they have good birds and nice fields, picked up 7 of 10 put out with deer pushing some out, Pete wanted to know why he had to point and they didn't(lol). Return to camp and found a new bird that we worked for 3 days with no luck, don't know he was that smart but Pete nailed him each time and I just could not get a shot off. Well packed up with mixed feeling and headed home thinking I miss living here.
Back home now with dreams of next hunt planned.
Posted afew pic's on album page

Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 Ruff Day.jpg (100.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-18_15-05-58_285.jpg (97.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Pete and Mine First Ruff Grouse.jpg (123.6 KB, 3 views)
Craig Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig Parker For Your Post:
Unread 10-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

sounds like you had a great hunt..next year will be here before you know it plan well.. charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: