Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 10-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Greg, sure it has barrels and I'm sure Gary will post them when he gets around to it. Damascus of course, as was described to me.

Edgar, looking at catalogs, the earliest I have is about from the mid 1870's and lists guns by dollar, $200 being the highest then. The next I have is the 1882 catalog which lists both top action and lifter action and calls them by letter grade, A being highest. So sometime in the late 1870's to 1882, the nomenclature changed. But I suppose its simplest to call all the top grades then A's and everyone likely knows what that means.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #12
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

I will try to post some more photo's including the barrelsas soon as Im can next couple days, thanks ,Gary by the way the barrels were rebrowned by bachelder that is why the barrels were not avaliable at photo time.
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

One of the best things about this gun is that Gary exhibits his guns at PGCA meetings, so folks will get a chance to see this gun in person. A great piece and of historical significance.

Thanks for sharing, Gary.

Edgar, I don't think people here would mind if you posted photos of your other guns, I assume the rare gun you are talking about is a Colt. We have an other guns category and many people that I know here have some great guns from other makers and would appreciate seeing great guns of whatever make. Even after we posted photos of the Parker-Hawes bamboo rods ( made by Merritt Hawes, son of Hiram) , we had several people post photos of other fine rods.

Bruce Day, Parker novice third class hoping to rise to novice second class
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote