Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

just time
Unread 07-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default just time

well its been a long drag this summer waiting for the next hunting seasons...its still 2 months till dove seasonand 3 months to squirl season..... i amm really looking forward to the new seasons...i have shells loaded up in the 8 ga and 10 ga and have plenty of shells for the 12 ga and 20 ga parkers...some way or the other i never got around to owning a 16 ga parker but i do have some in lc smiths and stevens..... i hope the hunting seasons are not dragging along as slow as mine is....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 07-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hope you have good luck with the dove fields this year. Hope it cools off a little earlier this year.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
birddogdoc
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,527 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
well its been a long drag this summer waiting for the next hunting seasons...its still 2 months till dove seasonand 3 months to squirl season..... i amm really looking forward to the new seasons...i have shells loaded up in the 8 ga and 10 ga and have plenty of shells for the 12 ga and 20 ga parkers...some way or the other i never got around to owning a 16 ga parker but i do have some in lc smiths and stevens..... i hope the hunting seasons are not dragging along as slow as mine is....charlie
Less than 2 months here in Colorado til grouse season...I can't wait!
Visit Shawn Wayment's homepage!
Unread 07-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

the time will pass better when i start disking the dove field up...i usally start mid july trying to draw the birds in...been thinking about useing a parker 20 ga this time i ve never used it for hunting doves factory 27 inch barrels donot know what the chokes are....need to find out the chokes i guess...charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 07-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,665 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
the time will pass better when i start disking the dove field up...i usally start mid july trying to draw the birds in...been thinking about useing a parker 20 ga this time i ve never used it for hunting doves factory 27 inch barrels donot know what the chokes are....need to find out the chokes i guess...charlie
Time for the old Dr. Pepper patterning Charlie. Twenty, thirty, and then forty yards.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #6
Bo Butler
PGCA Member

Member Info

Decoying and calling Crows are a great way to stay in good form for duck season.
bobutler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobutler For Your Post:
Unread 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

yep j. a. its time to drag out the cans...i ve not weighed this gun but feels about 6 lbs..certainly crows are a good way to stay in form on shooting but our crow season does not start till november...don t know why we donot have a open season on crows...probably have to shoot the dr pepper cans early in the morning for it s hot here up in the day...i guess i need to order a letter on this little 20 ga its a pretty nice gun...charlie
Unread 07-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Gary Laudermilch
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,099 Times in 673 Posts

Cannot hunt crows, no problem. It is orange bird season everywhere. Take that 20 to a skeet or sporting course and break some targets. It is a great diversion during the lull between seasons and you'll find out the 20 has a lot to offer. It will sharpen you up for dove season and blow the cobwebs from the barrels.
Gary Laudermilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

gary i will have to find them orange birds mysef not a shooting course close to me...i guess i could buy one of those cheap throwers and hunt that away...i just got the little 20 out and weighed it .....it weighs 5.8 lbs feels like nothing comepared to the 8 ga and 10 ga i m use to shooting....my health issues at the moment says i got to go to a lighter gun...charlie
Unread 07-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

After the 4th, it is just downhill to Sept. and dove season. Need to make to the gun club at lease once a week, figure out what RST's I need to order and really start working the dog in August. Have grouse woodcock trip planned for Oct. Hope to pick another bird trip somewhere.
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote