Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

2018 Parker vs LC Smith 16 ga and 20 ga Challenge Events
Unread 05-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Default 2018 Parker vs LC Smith 16 ga and 20 ga Challenge Events

For 2018 we are going to add a 20 gauge event on Thursday at the Spring Southern.

This will be in addition to the 16 ga event but will be its own separate event on its own five stand. Same format as the 16 ga event. Same rules, etc just this one is for 20 ga guns.

More info to follow in the future months.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 05-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,673 Times in 2,632 Posts

No need to head to Drake and shoot a round in the AM. We'll be there bright and squirrelly!! Now I just need 2 more guns!!?? Hmmmm, where to find some??
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I have lots of 20's and 16's but as I'll be at Drakes and you won't then you'll have to search elsewhere for one.
Unread 05-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
No need to head to Drake and shoot a round in the AM. We'll be there bright and squirrelly!! Now I just need 2 more guns!!?? Hmmmm, where to find some??
I am sorry but I don't know why some people in the PGCA have it in for Drakes! The courses are fantastic (much better then "others") and the prices are very fair, And all of the people there go out of their way to be helpful and nice and make sure you have a nice shooting experience. So why are we doing this competition, Thursday used to be a nice free day from the Southern and some of us organized a shoot at Drakes Landing.The shoot started on Thursday for anyone who got to the Southern early and wanted to shoot a great course at fair prices . I support the PGCA and have always come to the Southern for the shoot, but I know I can't qualify so what's so wrong with me and others shooting at Drake's Thursday (when no events had been scheduled until last year) and Friday morning! Is this a way to try and shame members to only shoot a one place.......... Sorry I don't get it. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eis View Post
I am sorry but I don't know why some people in the PGCA have it in for Drakes! The courses are fantastic (much better then "others") and the prices are very fair, And all of the people there go out of their way to be helpful and nice and make sure you have a nice shooting experience. So why are we doing this competition, Thursday used to be a nice free day from the Southern and some of us organized a shoot at Drakes Landing.The shoot started on Thursday for anyone who got to the Southern early and wanted to shoot a great course at fair prices . I support the PGCA and have always come to the Southern for the shoot, but I know I can't qualify so what's so wrong with me and others shooting at Drake's Thursday (when no events had been scheduled until last year) and Friday morning! Is this a way to try and shame members to only shoot a one place.......... Sorry I don't get it. Eric
Eric,

As I am the person who came up with the idea for the 16 ga and now 20 ga Parker/ Smith Challenge Events on Thursday, fund it out of my own pocket, and have never once asked the PGCA or LCSCA for anything related to this event, I can speak and answer your question with truth and first hand knowledge:

THAT IN NO WAY WAS THIS EVENT THOUGHT OF OR STARTED OR OTHER TO DO AS YOU ARE QUESTIONING OR IMPLYING IN YOUR OWN WORDS ABOVE.

No one is instructing or telling or influencing shooters where or where not to go. This has been made clear in all of my other posts and you and everyone else can search those on this forum and see for your selves.

No one is trying to undermine anyone exercising their individuals rights and freedoms to do as they wish and please. I hope everyone willing to shoot can do so and come to the Southern and shoot both places and all venues and events if they so desire.

You are welcome to call me anytime if you need any more clarification or if I have not made myself clear enough. I will PM you my phone number.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

I shoot at both venues.
Eric-Last year I shot Thursday with you and Daryl at The Drake and had a blast. This year I had to come early to work on the Hall of Fame dinner so I Shot at the Drake on Wednesday and only Buddy Marson was there.
Frankly Dr. Truitt's additional events made the Southern much more interesting.
I too will never make the team and that's good for our team!! But I shoot and support our teammates. The PGCA has a big presence at the Southern and it's important to the PGCA. We have a lot of hardworking members there: Mills, Tom Wooden, Ed Morgan and lots more.
Nobody wants to discourage anyone from shooting the Drake. I love both places for different reasons. But I think every able bodied Parker shooter should be at the Southern. We are outnumbered 3-1 by lcsmith.
I'll shoot with you on Wednesday every year but by Thursday I will be waving the PGCA flag at the Southern.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
Buddy Marson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

George, let's not forget we also shot with Tom Pellegrini. A Parker club member and one fine shot! I had a great time at Drake's and look forward to shooting with you guys and anyone else that wants to join in on the fun next year! We don't keep score sheets and everyone shoots outstanding rounds!
Buddy Marson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddy Marson For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #8
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

From day one, the start of the 16 ga shoot, I have been open and clear and honest that in no way is this a sanctioned event by either the PGCA or LCSCA. That fact is still in effect to this day and will carry over to next years events.

Guys we are fortunate to live in a country that allows us/affords us the luxury of being so passionate about things that are not life and death. Shooting/ collecting/ etc is meant to be fun/ etc.

I will state again what I have said many many times. I hope that everyone who wishes to can shoot at the Southern (at Deep River), or at Drakes, or everywhere in between and both venues/ etc.
Burn lots of powder and have fun!!!!
There is an open invitation to all to come and shoot with us on Thursday for the 16 ga, 20 ga, one or the other or both events. Like I have said before we keep qualifying open until around 4pm, hoping this allows time to shoot Drakes in the am or early afternoon and then time to come over and shoot at the dove field with us.

No offense is taken from any of this discussion and please understand that no offense is given either.

Have fun, burn lots of powder and please do support the PGCA and team Parker in what ever way each of us can. Mr Purtill is right (well spoken. you hit the nail on the head). We are being out numbered. We are putting up a hell of a fight, but we need member support by members coming out and shooting. TEAM PARKER NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!! On any given day any one of us could make the difference. Take that chance and try. If you don't you will never know what could have happened. Pull the trigger so to speak.
In the end we are all on the same team.

Again no offense meant to anyone. If anyone needs to talk to me please PM me your contact info. I am willing to talk anytime.

All my best,

John
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #9
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Marson View Post
George, let's not forget we also shot with Tom Pellegrini. A Parker club member and one fine shot!
Yes I forgot his damn fine shooting. He was kicking our butts on the new course.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #10
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,673 Times in 2,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M. Purtill View Post
I shoot at both venues.
Eric-Last year I shot Thursday with you and Daryl at The Drake and had a blast. This year I had to come early to work on the Hall of Fame dinner so I Shot at the Drake on Wednesday and only Buddy Marson was there.
Frankly Dr. Truitt's additional events made the Southern much more interesting.
I too will never make the team and that's good for our team!! But I shoot and support our teammates. The PGCA has a big presence at the Southern and it's important to the PGCA. We have a lot of hardworking members there: Mills, Tom Wooden, Ed Morgan and lots more.
Nobody wants to discourage anyone from shooting the Drake. I love both places for different reasons. But I think every able bodied Parker shooter should be at the Southern. We are outnumbered 3-1 by lcsmith.
I'll shoot with you on Wednesday every year but by Thursday I will be waving the PGCA flag at the Southern.
I agree with George. We need to be changing that 3-1 ratio of LCS-Parker. Guys like Tom P and Daryl C (among others) would be very useful in swinging that ratio to our favor and adding some good numbers to the qualifier boards.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!