Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:01 PM   #51
OlddudeDon
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
Dean is correct

Provisional Birmingham proof- remarkably clear set of marks
Hi Rick: On another site (Damascus Knowledge) there was a pic of a set of bbl's showing the Birmingham proof hallmark with numbers next to it and they implied that the numbers are the bbl makers ID No. If that is true then the only info I have on the gun is the manufacture date on the bbl rib 1869. do you think that could be correct
Don Somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #52
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

i have seen many numbers and letters on Birmingham guns- i have never seen a list that details them -

this is one of mine- i guess TENT is a barrel maker - can't prove it

on this Greener - i have yet to figure out the marks on the under ribs

i have a feeling that barrel makers marks are most often initials not nnumbers

can't prove it - but based on guns and British reels, makers and inspectors are hard to pin down
Unread 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #53
OlddudeDon
Forum Associate

Member Info

without any s/n numbers on any components and the non-typical parts for my gun i.e.: the oversized firing pin retainers (possibly made from surplus musket nipples), the oversized trip,the use of Stoaks locks and the frame size being off measurement. so I guess other than the 7735 next to the hallmark its anyones guess as to the actual date of manufacture, which leads me to believe the the "Manufactured For M. Hoag Seneca Falls N.Y. 1869" engraved on the rib may possibly be correct.
I'm disappointed that the missing parts could not be located but I'll keep trying if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Dave Fejlline is sending the action back today, I'll post pic's when I get it
Thanks for all the help form the members that followed this thread
Unread 01-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #54
OlddudeDon
Forum Associate

Member Info

I finally got around to reassembling the gun after getting the action back from Dave It now has two period correct hammers but still missing the finger pad for the lifter the "tirp" and firing pin retainers, I guess some guns are destined to be wall hangers however, I'm still not finished looking for these parts. Maybe some day there will be pic's of a complete gun posted. Thanks to all who replied to this post. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Somers View Post
without any s/n numbers on any components and the non-typical parts for my gun i.e.: the oversized firing pin retainers (possibly made from surplus musket nipples), the oversized trip,the use of Stoaks locks and the frame size being off measurement. so I guess other than the 7735 next to the hallmark its anyones guess as to the actual date of manufacture, which leads me to believe the the "Manufactured For M. Hoag Seneca Falls N.Y. 1869" engraved on the rib may possibly be correct.
I'm disappointed that the missing parts could not be located but I'll keep trying if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Dave Fejlline is sending the action back today, I'll post pic's when I get it
Thanks for all the help form the members that followed this thread
Unread 01-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #55
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

I have some of the old style lifter buttons. Get in touch with me if you want.