Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #101
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,175 Times in 12,362 Posts

Not really a game for SXS shooters unless we have two guns each along with a loader right beside us.

I much prefer shooting in the woods on the "hunters clays" course..... Oh well, this is progress I suppose.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #102
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Not really a game for SXS shooters unless we have two guns each along with a loader right beside us.

I much prefer shooting in the woods on the "hunters clays" course..... Oh well, this is progress I suppose.
and definitely not a game for the reloader because the speed of reloading demands you eject your empty hulls to the ground.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #103
full choke 16
Forum Associate

Member Info

Looks like it was invented by somebody with stock in White Flyer.
Unread 06-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #104
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,301 Times in 1,215 Posts

Default Update on Fox Collector shooting events

Just a quick update on the Fox Collector specialized shooting events at the upcoming Northeast Side by Side .... today we started setting up for our Bo-Whoop Long Range Shoot and our W C Letternam Cup SBT event. As previously communicated, this year we'll have a third trap for each of the competitions. That third trap throws chondelle targets, kind of like a single quacker dropping into the blocks. As usual we "proof shot" the targets and I'm happy to report that a 410 using 2-1/2-inch shells with 1/2 ounce of 9's did the trick on all three birds. No kidding. And no excuses this year gents!

Reminder: you don't have to shoot a Fox to come away with one of the cash purses.

THE FOX-PARKER CHALLENGE will be reported separately by those in charge of that event.

Getting set up at the Bo-Whoop shooting station. The WCL SBT shooting station will be off a bit to the right and isn't set up yet in this pic.

One of the traps with a fancy adjustment base

Vendor tent going up at Hidden Hollow
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #105
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

The "Crazy Quail" is set up and running at Ernies. There will be a 3-4 second delay between the targets. I am told that the possibilities of the target presentation are endless. There are a few details still to be worked out but I am sure this will be a challenge for all that compete. Bring your "A" game boy's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrazyQuailLayoutatHH.jpg (106.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CrazyQuailStandsatHH.jpg (51.6 KB, 113 views)
Unread 06-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #106
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

I had a question on the Fox site about the 410 with 9-shot and how that fits with the concept of a long-range shoot. Just fyi I am copying my answer here.

..... I didn't say the 410 with 9-shot did well, only that all three birds were breakable with same. Comment was intended in humor for some friends who whine every year that the birds can't be broken, are too far out, flight path(s) are funky, we should allow 1-1/2 ounces of shot, "should have brought my Flak 88", etc etc.

This year the #1 target is a high quartering going-away bird - you can see the trap in the second pic, #2 is a nice slow incomer, #3 is a condelle that settles about 35 yards in front of the shooter. No problem gents .....
Unread 06-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #107
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
I had a question on the Fox site about the 410 with 9-shot and how that fits with the concept of a long-range shoot. Just fyi I am copying my answer here.

..... I didn't say the 410 with 9-shot did well, only that all three birds were breakable with same. Comment was intended in humor for some friends who whine every year that the birds can't be broken, are too far out, flight path(s) are funky, we should allow 1-1/2 ounces of shot, "should have brought my Flak 88", etc etc.

This year the #1 target is a high quartering going-away bird - you can see the trap in the second pic, #2 is a nice slow incomer, #3 is a condelle that settles about 35 yards in front of the shooter. No problem gents .....
If a bird is consistently breakable with 9 shot out of any guage shotgun it is not a long range target. Why not be true to the Bo-Whoop legacy of long range shooting and throw targets where the shooter has 55 to 60 yard presentations?
Unread 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #108
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
If a bird is consistently breakable with 9 shot out of any guage shotgun it is not a long range target. Why not be true to the Bo-Whoop legacy of long range shooting and throw targets where the shooter has 55 to 60 yard presentations?
This is one of those things I can't win so I'll just say, please quote me accurately Mr. Lester. I did not write CONSISTENTLY, you did.

Just trying to do some publiciity here. Those who've been to the Northeast and have attempted the Bo-Whoop targets will know that we've been true to the BW tradition; and we will be again this year. Shooters will see presentations where the better choice is to shoot the target at long range. This is our seventh year and we had almost 200 shooters last year so we (I) must be doing something right putting on a long range shoot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 06-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #109
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
This is one of those things I can't win so I'll just say, please quote me accurately Mr. Lester. I did not write CONSISTENTLY, you did.

Just trying to do some publiciity here. Those who've been to the Northeast and have attempted the Bo-Whoop targets will know that we've been true to the BW tradition; and we will be again this year. Shooters will see presentations where the better choice is to shoot the target at long range. This is our seventh year and we had almost 200 shooters last year so we (I) must be doing something right putting on a long range shoot.
Frank I think you missed my point, a 410 shooting 9's could break long range target, (which is what I thought the Bo-Whoop was about), however, those breaks would be a fluke. I used the word consistently in a deliberate manner, and I do not see where I adding anything to what I quoted you said (the computer takes care of that). My point and retort to your post is, if a load of 9's can break those clay targets consistently they are not long range targets.

I was challenging your publicity post for what was, a challenge from you or even a taunt to those who try the Bo-Whoop and miss.
Unread 06-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #110
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well Mr Lester maybe if you coordinated the B-W shooting for 6 years and spent 6 X 2 = 12 days with gents who were laughing and joking about hitting and missing, and what it takes to break our long range targets, you'd better understand the humor that was intended with my post about all three targets being breakable with 1/2 ounce of 9's from a 410. Note that I didn't say consistently breakable which seems to be the point youre trying to make. I have the signup sheets from the shooting for the last three years and I don't see your name listed as a shooter. Let me ask, have you ever even been to the Northeast SxS and seen the Bo-Whoop setup? If you had you'd better understand the culture of the event and maybe get off your soapbox trying to turn my words into taunting or a "challenge" - based on a very debatable "interpretation" of my comments.